1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GMax newbie help

Discussion in 'GMax and 3DS Max' started by Huizinga, 5/6/04.

1. Huizinga

Huizinga

Hello, :wave:
    I'm a total newbie in Gmax, and I'm trying to create a hangar for FS2004. Now I want to be able to park planes inside this hangar, so it must be hollow inside, and it must have 2 doors (I want to add animated doors later, for now I'm happy with just 2 holes ;))..
    I did some leveldesign in the past (in QRadiant) but that was totally different. At this moment, I have 5 boxes (walls and roof), together they represent a big hollow box, see attachment 1 how I did this, I don't know if this is the right way.
    Now I want to create two holes in the 'front box' (see attachment 2) where I want to add doors later on. But I have no idea how to do this. I tried already something with vertexes and searched the help of Gmax but no clue yet. In QRadiant, there was a 'CSG Subtract' function which I used, but I don't know a equivalent in Gmax. I know this is really a newbie question, so a link to a good Gmax tutorial would also be really helpful! Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. jvarje

jvarje

I think the equivalent in gmax would be boolean operations. See this tutorial from freeflightdesign.com for more info. Most of the tutorials there are for aircraft modelling, but many are just as useful for sceneries too.
  3. Huizinga

Huizinga

Thank you very much!! I will have a look. :wave:
  4. Huizinga

Huizinga

And now I have two big holes... Thank you again! I'll come back here when I need help again :)