1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gmax to FS9 Elementary Flow Question

Discussion in 'GMax and 3DS Max' started by Doc, 5/6/04.

1. Doc

Doc

First, my hearty compliments to Arno for a very fine looking and working Vbulletin board.

I have some experience moving Gmax creations into MSTS as scenery objects but have never tried moving to FS9. I have the FS 2004 Gmax Gamepack installed.

If I export a scenery .mdl file from Gmax and add it to or create a new library with Arno's Library Creator XML I'm somewhat unclear how to make that (those) objects available within FSSC for placement. I am accustomed to using .api macros.

I have used your wonderful API MACROS FOR FS2004 AUTOGEN OBJECTS with great results in FSSC, Arno. Thank you!

Question: #1: How does one go about creating those ".api"s from original library objects as Arno did from the autogen objects?

Question #2: Why do I need a .bgl with BGLComp, when the .bgl I really need will come from FSSC?

The above questions reveal I am very new at this and have never taken a Gmax creation (or any custom scenery object) into FS9 with any set of programs. They say a good teacher's best asset is a student with well asked questions. I won't claim to have asked these two questions very well but there may be something in them that reveals my missing links.

Thanks!
    --
    Doc
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Doc,

They easiest way is to open one of the APIs I made for the default autogen objects. You only need to change the GUID that is called by the CallLibObj command. If you enter the GUID of your objects made with Library Creator XML there you can place them with FSSC.

You need to compile the library BGL with BGLComp. So in the end you will have two BGL files. One contains the library of your objects and the other one (made with FSCS) calls objects from this other BGL file.
  3. Doc

Doc

Thank you Arno! Exactly the information I was looking for and both questions were answered completely. I do know I can open an .api file with a text editor so things are starting to come together FS2004-style.

Very much appreciate your speedy response.
    --
    Doc