1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ground SCASM Polys

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by EddiePa, 20/12/07.

1. EddiePa

EddiePa

mexico
    Hello,

I have some ground polygons compiled with SCASM that use to work very well on FSX, now with SP2, they are still visible but they loose their transparency, I think that the lack of an "Material/ambient" feature on the SCASM code makes to ignore the transparency in the FSX SP2 graphics engine, will be a way to use the ModelConverterX tool to convert my SCA files to an object format? I Know that a plain polygon will have a diferent format than an object but there is a chance, Arno?

Thank you,

Eddie,
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Eddie,

In theory that should be possible, but at the moment transparency is not handled correctly by ModelConverterX yet.

Also, for ground polygons it is usually better to place them with the Fs2002 gamepack as that is the only way to make proper ground polygons. Placing them as a MDL object gives all sort of side effects. But I think using the Fs2002 gamepack will still give these transparency problems, so it is a question which solution works best :).
  3. EddiePa

EddiePa

mexico
    Hello, Arno,

For me the SCASM Polygons use to work better in FSX than the Fs2002 gamepack polygons (Before SP2), so, maybe in the future if you handle transparency within ModelConverterX will be a great posibility to explore, I will be pending, Thank you for your work.

Eddie,
    Last edited: 21/12/07
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    I guess you SCASM polygons are much more similar in structure to the Fs2002 gamepack output, then what you can make with a FSX MDL file. So converting them to MDL files might even work less good.
  5. EddiePa

EddiePa

mexico
    I agree, Arno, but in both cases (Fs2002 gamepack style or pure SCASM code) the main issue with FSX-SP2 is the transparency problem, I hop someone can find some kind of solution to still use this methods with transparencies in FSX! :)

Eddie,