• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Groundpoly taxiway effects help

Country
singapore
Im working on Bintulu airport for my Airport Design. Everything is going well until i wanted to do runway effects to depicts real image shown below. It turn out that in the middle of the taxiway, there is a greyish effect or basically in real life its sand or grey dirt. I tried making various types but it just looks weird. Somehow, making the centre effect in black make it more realistic while make it GREY makes it weird.

Below is image that i attached. I have drawn out the GREY effect that i'm trying to refer. The problem persist when i wanted to do a connection between the taxiway and the runway. That part is the most challenging part.

img2.png

This is what it looks like without the grey ish effect. It looks weired and not realistic somehow. Somehow it feels "naked" without the greyish effect. I would love to apply the greyish effect. I did try to make it by layers by it looks weird too.

Img1.png

Any helpers out there?