1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Groundpoly texture tiling

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by TimeRunsFast, 3 Jan 2015.

1. TimeRunsFast

TimeRunsFast

germany
    Just a short question because i ran into some issues while making groundpolys with MCX:
    Is there a function in MCX to set specific texture tiling options for the diffuse texture?
    Otherwise, how can I export the tiling settings from 3DS Max to MCX?

I export the groundpoly from 3ds max in .dae format and import it to MCX but then the settings for the tiling are gone and the textures look very blurry..

2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

The tiling will be stored in the texture coordinates when exporting. So that's how they get into MCX.

3. TimeRunsFast

TimeRunsFast

germany
    Thank's arno for your answer,
    I was able to detect the problem. Instead of set the tiling in the UVW Map modifier, I put them into the Map options in the Material editor thus they were not exported.
    Now, after fixing the problem, everything works as it should :)

4. Dmitriy Kozyrev

Dmitriy Kozyrev

russia
    I've encountered the same problem, except my tiling is correct in 3ds max and after importing .dae into MCX.
    The problem occur when I'm trying to change textures in MCX to add bump mapping, etc. - tiling resets to 1 and there is no way to increase it in MCX.
    Can someone help?

5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    When you change material attributes in MCX that should not affect the tiling at all, since the texture coordinates are not manipulated in that case. So what kind of changes are you making when the problem starts?

6. Dmitriy Kozyrev

Dmitriy Kozyrev

russia
    Weird, but I cannot reproduce it now.
    Last time I imported collada file from 3dsmax (unlike TimeRunsFast, I had proper UVW map with tiling) and tried to replace diffuse/bump textures in MCX material editor with the same textures I used in 3dsmax. And lost tiling.
    Sorry for false alarm and thanks for quick response!