1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUID not valid

Discussion in 'Library Creator XML' started by Johan, 8/7/05.

1. Johan

Johan

Arno,

I do use XMLEditPro to edit my xml files. However, if I save any file, Library Creator XML gives me an error on invalid GUID. The fact is that the Editor stores the ModelData with the "sourceFile" first, followed by the "name" and then the "fileOffset".

Library Creator now attempts to load the "sourceFile" data as GUID.

Regards
    Johan van Wyk
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Johan,

Yes, that is correct. At the moment Library Creator XML assumes a fixed order of the attributes. I think it is a good idea to change this so that the attributes are searched by name. But this is not the kind of fix that I can produce very fast, so there is no quick fix for this.

But why does the text editor you use change the order of the attributes? Would it not be possible to keep the origional order.
  3. Johan

Johan

Arno,

Thanks for the reply, not a big issue. I just like the way XMLEditPro display the file.

Regards
    Johan
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Johan,

Thanks for reporting anyway. It was just in time for me to fix this same problem in the new version of ObPlacer XML I am currently working on :). When I update Library Creator XML I will fix the problem there as well.