• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 GVBA Boa Vista for FSX/P3D

Country
germany
Hello guys,

we Cédrice, Cleidir, Marc and myself like to present you our common project - GVBA Boa Vista, Cape Verde Islands.
The project has been started back in 2015, but it stuck a few times because of the lack of material and limited time.

What to expect?

• 620 km² of 40cm/px photoscenery covering the complete island
  • full autogen coverage including Cape Verde typical buildings (Huge thanks to my friend Thorsten from FSDG who gave me the permission to use his CV buildings in our project!)
  • 30 meter mesh
  • fully modelled airport (construction state: 2015-2016 → will be updated in the future to match the current state)
  • landmarks (hotels, ship wreck, old ceramic factory and more)
More information will follow within the development progress.

Please do not ask for a release date!

Now we have some screenshots for you:

2017-10-11_20-52-18-3j8u5z.png

2017-10-11_20-52-39-1bpuki.png

2017-10-11_20-53-51-7nuuvd.png

2017-10-11_20-55-3-54iuda.png

2017-10-11_20-59-15-2ofu0o.png

2017-10-11_20-57-51-2aeu9q.png

2017-10-11_20-58-15-97puoj.png

2017-10-11_21-30-36-3tfu3q.png

In the next development update we will show you new textures for the groundpoly, more progress on the terminal and an autogen update.

We hope you like it.:)

Last edited:

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Super! Toll! Freu mich drauf!

Könntet ihr noch einen Beta-Tester brauchen?

Looking forward to it... ;)

Last edited:
Country
germany
Thank you very much, guys! :)

Super! Toll! Freu mich drauf!

Könntet ihr noch einen Beta-Tester brauchen?

Looking forward to it... ;)

Ja, allerdings ist das noch weit entfernt.:rolleyes: Erst muss der Flughafen grundlegend fertig modelliert und texturiert werden. Vorher kann man noch nicht mal von einer Alphaversion reden.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello guys,

we Cédrice, Cleidir, Marc and myself like to present you our common project - GVBA Boa Vista, Cape Verde Islands.
The project has been started back in 2015, but it stuck a few times because of the lack of material and limited time.

What to expect?

• 620 km² of 40cm/px photoscenery covering the complete island
  • full autogen coverage including Cape Verde typical buildings (Huge thanks to my friend Thorsten from FSDG who gave me the permission to use his CV buildings in our project!)
  • 30 meter mesh
  • fully modelled airport (construction state: 2015-2016 → will be updated in the future to match the current state)
  • landmarks (hotels, ship wreck, old ceramic factory and more)
More information will follow within the development progress.

Please do not ask for a release date!

Now we have some screenshots for you:

2017-10-11_20-52-18-3j8u5z.png

2017-10-11_20-52-39-1bpuki.png

2017-10-11_20-53-51-7nuuvd.png

2017-10-11_20-55-3-54iuda.png

2017-10-11_20-59-15-2ofu0o.png

2017-10-11_20-57-51-2aeu9q.png

2017-10-11_20-58-15-97puoj.png

2017-10-11_21-30-36-3tfu3q.png

In the next development update we will show you new textures for the groundpoly, more progress on the terminal and an autogen update.

We hope you like it.:)

Thomas!

Good modeling, sharp textures. Looks really good! A huge area that you are doing is a logical challenge. Good succeed :)

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thank you very much, guys! :)

Ja, allerdings ist das noch weit entfernt.:rolleyes: Erst muss der Flughafen grundlegend fertig modelliert und texturiert werden. Vorher kann man noch nicht mal von einer Alphaversion reden.
Sieht doch aber schon wirklich super aus!
Und wenn ihr mit der Photoscenery/Autogen etc. noch irgendwie Hilfe braucht, braucht ihr es bloß sagen... ;)

As already said, it looks really fantastic!

Country
germany
Thank you for the kind words, Christian! You helped me a lot! QGis is a big help for masking the photoscenery and creating the autogen. :)

Sieht doch aber schon wirklich super aus!
Und wenn ihr mit der Photoscenery/Autogen etc. noch irgendwie Hilfe braucht, braucht ihr es bloß sagen... ;)

As already said, it looks really fantastic!
Danke, wenn ich denke, dass es mir zu viel mit dem Autogen wird, melde ich mich.:D

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thank you for the kind words, Christian! You helped me a lot! QGis is a big help for masking the photoscenery and creating the autogen. :)

Well Thomas, I'm glad that some of the workshop has stuck with you. You were also very willing to learn and have understood everything well and received. If I see the pictures here so, then you know the learned to implement well :D

Not every developer has this quality. Best wishes to you and your team :)

King regards
Christian

Country
germany
Again, thank you guys! :)
Well Thomas, I'm glad that some of the workshop has stuck with you. You were also very willing to learn and have understood everything well and received. If I see the pictures here so, then you know the learned to implement well :D

Not every developer has this quality. Best wishes to you and your team :)

King regards
Christian
Yeah, it wasn't easy, but I found my way. :D Keep in mind that I've "only" done the photoreal and autogen for the project (Believe me it is enough work :D). We have some great modelers in our team. Especially Cédrice made a stunning work on the terminal, parking lot and vehicles so far. Marc is currently working on the RIU hotel next to the airport and Cleidir will finish the groundpoly soon.
Thanks! Also all the best for your next project. :)

Country
unitedkingdom
Endlich ein bisschen Liebe in den Kapverdischen Inseln ! Freue mich viel darauf! Viel Glück!
(Is this the same team/part of the same guys as Capeverdeskies was?)

Country
germany
Endlich ein bisschen Liebe in den Kapverdischen Inseln ! Freue mich viel darauf! Viel Glück!
(Is this the same team/part of the same guys as Capeverdeskies was?)
Danke, thanks!
Yes and no. As written we are a team of four people. One from the Cape Verde, two from France and me from Germany. Cleidir started Sal a few years ago, but did not finish because of extensions at the real airport. Boa Vista also got some extensions for the terminal, but we have good material to include the state of 2015/2016. The 2017 changes will follow at a later point.

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Sounds great!

Nur so, passt das Luftbild? Es sieht im Vergleich zu Landsat-Bildern etwas stark gesättigt aus...

Cédrice

Resource contributor
Country
france
hello Matthias about the saturation of the photoreal it comes from the HDR used by Thomas during the screenshot without HDR he could have a different look ;)

284277BV.png

Last edited:
Country
germany
hello Matthias about the saturation of the photoreal it comes from the HDR used by Thomas during the screenshot without HDR he could have a different look ;)
Exactly what Cédrice says. I did not use PTA at this time, so I wanted to have some more colors. Don't worry, the photoscenery won't be over saturated.