1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helipad problems

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by pikeymikey, 29/1/05.

1. pikeymikey

pikeymikey

Hi.

Sorry if you've seen this before - I've posted this on other forums but so far haven't received a reply.

I'm using Airport 2.60 and FS2002.
    I've just created a helipad in order to make an object (in the sea) landable. The top of the object is 20 feet ASL so I created a pad in the same place at 20 feet ASL. When I load the scenery with the aircraft on or near the pad everything's fine. If, however, I fly to the pad from a long distance the object is sat on a 20ft lump of sea. Obviously then if i try to land on the object I go straight through it and end up on the pad which is still in the right place, but is now a lump rather than invisible.

I created the pad as per the instructions - I made sure it was within a flatten area and as I said, when loaded with the aircraft in close proximity, it's fine

I'd really appreciate any help

Thanks

Mike
  2. rhumbaflappy

rhumbaflappy Moderator Staff Member Resource contributor

us-wisconsin
    Hi Mike.

The best way to make a hard surface at elevation in FS2002 is to make a zero-height advanced building. This can be done in AFW.

The complicated helipad code circulating around just doesn't work quite right, and is overly complicated.

Dick
  3. JeffS

JeffS

australia
    Hi Mike, just to clarrify further to Dicks Explanation, Zero Height means the walls are not shown but the actual roof is still there and is a hard surface and can be invisible. Therefore, you build your model and also place the zero height advanced building at the same location to give you the hard surface in FS2002 that you wont fall through. Its the only one ive ever gotten to work ( thanks to Dick ) in FS2002 that was stable.

rgds Jeff
  4. pikeymikey

pikeymikey

ok, thanks, I'll give it a go

Mike