1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please - Objects with Multiple textures

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by flyingjock1, 27/9/09.

1. flyingjock1

flyingjock1

Hi Folks

Have coverted several api to successfully to mdl and then managed to get them to show in FS2004 using Instant Scenery but was wondering if there was any way of setting up objects with several textures, ie a mdl file with a texture for say ABC bus company then the same file with DEF company (in the same library). Only way ive found is longwinded ie create separate library containing each repainted texture. As well as costing time, means i have to add another scenery library to fs2004.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom
    Scotland
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Tom,

What you could do in ModelConverterX is the following.

1. In the material editor you can change the texture used. So there you can assign a different texture.
    2. In the object information screen you will have to assign a new GUID (assuming this is for FSX, for FS2004 the GUID is defined in the library XML)

Then you have multiple MDL files in the end, referring to different textures. If you put all those MDL files in one single library BGL I think you have what you are looking for.
  3. flyingjock1

flyingjock1

Thanks Arno

Hi Arno

Thanks for taking time away from your nuptials to answer my query.

Will give it a bash tonight.

Let you know how i get on.

Tom