1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX Help - Squared ground texture

Discussion in 'Terrain Design General' started by dggoofy, 12 Aug 2017.

1. dggoofy

dggoofy

switzerland
    Hi Gurus,

I've got a strange problem for a while : A lot of default ground textures are squared (see picture - from FEFM airport).

I unable all addon to test and still here. I tried to reinstall all default texture. Nothing changed.

Anybody has an idea of what files am I missing ?

Thanks for you help

Daniel

Attached Files:

2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Could be the landclass assignment was modified. Did you check if some of the default bgl files changed maybe?

3. dggoofy

dggoofy

switzerland
    Yes I did.

I've got a virgin installation of FSX on another PC (to do some tests)... On this PC-test textures are ok.

I unchecked all sceneries. Kept only the very basic ones. Copied the /World/ folder from PC-test... but problem's still here

Replaced also the folder Autogen... no success

I did not see the problem immediately,. because I fly above all over ORBX areas, so no default one. But shure it's old now.

It occurs only with default sceneries, with some texture not all of them, and anywhere in the world. ORBX are fine for ex.

As I don't know how FSX deals with ground texture, I cannot investigate correctly.

Cheers

Daniel

4. dggoofy

dggoofy

switzerland
    Oh God! I think it's deep in FSX...
    I just tried to set other LC texture on FEFM... See screen! Very strange. Every where it's ok, but where by default textures are squared, also the new LC's texture I put are squared...

Oh well what does this mean ?

Attached Files:

5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Could indicate some of the mask textures are corrupt. They blend between different textures.

6. dggoofy

dggoofy

switzerland
    Nop... finally your first impression was the right one !

lclookup.bgl is the source.... If I put the original one it works.

But the problem now is : how will ORBX deals with it ? I know FTX Central change lclookup.bgl. Lets see!

Thanks for your help Arno!