1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with agn file format

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by davegriff, 16/11/07.

1. davegriff

davegriff

unitedkingdom
    Does anyone know the proper meaning/use of the 4 bytes following the vegetation count in FS2002/2004 agn files.

Although neither FS or Annotator seem to care what is placed here, some autogen scenery editors seem to be having difficulty reading files produced by my recent beta realease of Autotrees (freeware), and think this may be the problem.

Grateful for any assistance.

David
  2. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    I presume you mean FS9 format agn? That is the total area of all vegetation rectangles. It is not the problem since no program (that I know of) uses it.

George
  3. davegriff

davegriff

unitedkingdom
    Many thanks George. I'm pretty sure I've got everything else right. Know any other pitfalls - I'm just writing veg data no houses - 'stock' 2004 header. As I say FS and Annotator have no probs. AgenT in particular is reported to be mis-reading/writing my agns. (admittedly only 2 cases)

Thanks
    David
  4. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    There is no such thing as a "stock" 2004 header, it is either there or it isn't. If it is there, it needs to be followed by the correct data.

George

ps. It isn't just two cases, I can easily generate as many as you wish.
  5. davegriff

davegriff

unitedkingdom
    I ask because there are descrepences in the faulty files. They werent all produced by AT im afraid