1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX help with my water mask

Discussion in 'General' started by shushengerdai, 4 Sep 2017.

1. shushengerdai

shushengerdai

china
    Hello, everyone!Thank you for browsing my post at first!
    I'm now making a satellite photo for my airport follow this tutorial https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/show...ry-for-FSX&s=9f27fe4324e81f0d283d17b8e9b6350e. At the PART III - Watermasks and Blendmasks (continued), he tells me how to make the Watermasks. I've make an Alpha for the Watermasks. But when I get in the game, as you can see Figure 1, the water looks like melted tin, it's not real at all.
    The Figure 2 is the resample code for photoreal images with watermask, and the Figure 3 is its Alpha. The Figure 4 is the result that I want.
    So can you tell me how to make the water of satellite photo real?
    Thank you everyone!
    1.jpg
    Figure 1

2.jpg
    Figure 2

3.jpg
    Figure 3

4.jpg
    Figure 4

Last edited: 4 Sep 2017
  2. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    you have to play with the grayscale values for the alpha. how much you want the photoreal show or how much you want the default wáter show, you know, black totally transparent. White totally opaque, and in between the grayscale

3. shushengerdai

shushengerdai

china
    Thank you for your replying! I know a little bit of what you said. What I want to show in the game is just like the Figure 5, the red arrow point to. You can see this lake looks reality. I need to show the photoreal 100%. So I painted black the water, but the water just like the Figure 1 shows. So what I need to deal with it? Thank you again!

5.jpg
    Figure 5

4. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    you will need it be White to show the photoreal, but if you want to keep some default specular and reflections of the default fsx wáter it should be not totally White. it would be a Little of trial and error. I have no made too much wáter blending mask so can't say exactly but it could be de theory.

5. shushengerdai

shushengerdai

china
    Thank you very much!!!

6. robystar

robystar

The water mask should be completely black where the water is. The blend mask should be some shade of grey where the water is.

7. shushengerdai

shushengerdai

china
    Thank you, I'll try it.

8. Hangar32

Hangar32

us-virginia
    Not sure if this will work but possibly worth a try.

If you change the water class under those bodies of water, to one of the inshore brownish WCs, and then follow the the above, it might provide the look you are going for.

For those more experienced, if I am "out to lunch" with this idea, let me know. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk