1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'FSX Planner' started by snowingairlines, 26/2/12.

1. snowingairlines

snowingairlines

us-wyoming
    I just started using FSPlanner. I have successfully built an airport. The problem that I am having is compiling the BGL. I fill out all of the forms correctly, but when I try to compile the BGL, it gives me a message saying that it cannot find the correct file. The correct file, is a BGL in the name of what I want to compile in the SDK BGL complier folder. Can someone help me, please. :)
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Can you please make a screenshot of the error message and attach it to a post in reply?
  3. snowingairlines

snowingairlines

us-wyoming
    Attached is a screenshot with the text that FSPlanner gives me.

Thanks for the help

Attached Files:

• HELP.jpg
      HELP.jpg
      File size:
      64.3 KB
      Views:
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    FSX Planner is no longer supported by the developer so I am not sure. However it would seem that the program generates the Bgl file in a temporary folder and then copies it to the folder you specify.

If the Bgl file does not get created then that might give rise to the error.

Can you confirm that you installed the FSX SDK? Without it you will not have a compiler to compile with.

If you did install it then can you make sure that you have told FSX Planner where the SDK is and where the sub folder ...\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK\ is?

If FSX Planner is trying to compile to the SDK folders then you may have a user Access Control (UAC) issue that is stopping the file being created.

Sorry if this is a bit vague but I do not have this program installed so I am flying a bit blind :)
  5. lordofwings

lordofwings

panama
    I would suggest having your own folder hierarchy for all your airport designs instead of putting them in the SDK. I have a template that I copy for every new airport:

Code:

My-Scenery-Designs
                {Continent}
                      {Country}
                           {Airport}
                                 {SBuilderX}
                                 {FSX Planner}
                                      {Generated}
                                          {scenery}
                                          {texture}
                                  {Docs}
                                       {Internal}
                                       {Public}
                                   {Reference}

I think that you are getting the error because the target directory does not exist, check it. I was inclined to think the BGL was still in use by FSX but you are compiling to your SDK directory.