1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help?

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by TFE123, 31/8/07.

1. TFE123

TFE123

australia
    Hi All,
    Im new to the whole Gmax designing thing and i just wanted to know what else i need to do to the Gmax Project attached below before i turn it into a flyable plane in fsx and also need to know how to turn it into a flyable plane

View attachment ZX - Transporter.gmax
    Last edited: 31/8/07
  2. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
  3. TFE123

TFE123

australia
    HaHa your a funny guy to be around i bet,
    I was actually ooing an ahhing about the landing gear because i wasnt sure if i was doing it right and when i was trying to fix the height problem my gmax went spaz and stopped responding and in the end i forgot about it but ill fix that up
  4. TFE123

TFE123

australia
    oh yeah thats the old plane i actually got rid of those engines you'll have to open the ZX - Transporter and check that one out, sorry
  5. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    Never mind. The entire model is FUBARed.

1. All the animations are using the wrong type controllers.

2. The wings are only simple planar objects; they have only a "top" but no "bottom". IOW, looking up from the bottom the "wings" are invisible. :eek:

3. All objects seem to have Transform: Position, Rotation and Scale applied. This should never be done.

Honestly, I'd recommend studying Hugh Shoults' humorously titled work: "The Stupid Idiots' Guide to starting with gMax."

http://www.simviation.com/gryphon/tutorials/gMax_00.htm

Better still, download and save so you can study off-line, perhaps even print out some of the pages:

http://www.simviation.com/gryphon/tutorials/SIgMax.zip

By the way, don't be discouraged by this. You should have seen my first GMax model; it resembled a ball of crumbled aluminim foil in the sim! :yikes:

Having done this for a living for the past six years though, I can now produce reasonably good looking and smooth tin foil now! :wizard: :duck:
  6. TFE123

TFE123

australia
    why do they have to make it sooooo complicated???

These turorials dot explain anything!
    Yeah maybe the explain stuff if u knew what they were talking about