• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help

Im looking to create a little flight strip system for a online atc server. what im looking todo is create a little exe or dll what ever FSX uses to talk to programs like Addons pretty sure they are dlls. not sure still learning software programming. And i could really use some help to get a basic understanding on what all i need to research..etc to help me complete this.

ok. so what im i asking? I want to create a link on the little drop down menu for example. Flight Plan. and then a drop down box will appear that would have create flight plan. when u click on that it would open up a menu kinda like the file a flight plan or something along those lines.. that would have a frame to a website that you could then use the form that i all ready built to be able to create your flight plans with in FSX Multi.

it seems pretty easy enough todo but not 100% sure on what all is required i have Visual C++ Express 2005. and have been looking at serveral tutiorals but im still kinda confused on it.. So pretty much you would create a dll. and then tell FSX to load that dll on its start up load.. if that is correct then im not to far off on getting fsx to load it once its coded.. And what all do i need as far as learning the dll to create this ? If you guys know of any good website that help explain what all i need to do as far as learning fsx and creating addons for it such as this that would be a big help as well.

Any help would be awesome thanks

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
FSX Doesn't use the "modules" way as has previously been the norm.

What I'd suggest is you delve into the SDK (included on the FSX Deluxe disk if you haven't already installed it) and take a look at the first step, which I assume you would want to be creating the menu entry.

There is a very passable menu example in the SDK, including the source code.

Just doing something simple like this should take you a couple of hours to understand and will give you a far better introduction to how programming in FS works, than any website or tutorial could do.

If you have any more questions after that, then please come back and we'll try to help as much as we can.

All the best,

Alex