1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Res Whale Island, New Zealand for FSX

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Timmo, 10/8/07.

1. Timmo

Timmo

newzealand
    Hi guys
    Ive just uploaded a small area of high resolution data which covers Whale Island...just off the the coast of Whakatane, New Zealand. It should be on Avsim called BopIslands_WhaleHiRes.zip or just search my name (Tim Barnes).

Here are some screen shots so make sure you download it and 'visit' the beautiful area where i live :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy :excited:
  2. Tim_A

Tim_A

england
    That little bay with the wet sand is real cute -- makes me want to dig out my old bucket and spade... :cool:
  3. meshman

meshman

withdrawn.
    Last edited: 29/6/09
  4. scubakobe

scubakobe

us-california
    Do you pay a lot for the satellite imagery? It looks pretty nice.
  5. Timmo

Timmo

newzealand
    Hi all- Just to note I wasnt able to test the flatten for the helo pad at the top of the island and it is causing problems. The file cvxWhaleHiRes.bgl should be disabled (renamed to a .bak extension) until i post an updated file within the next few days

I personally didnt pay anything for the Imagery, im a Geospatial analyst for the Bay of Plenty Regional council and we contract/capture a lot of data for our GIS work. This is released free to promote tourism and conservation in the area. I also use FSX as a 3D visualisation tool to predict what future proposed development (i.e. buildings etc) may look like and to assist other sections in our organistion to carry out their functions :)...so this is an offshot of that work

oh btw, it is aerial photography not a satellite image.
    Last edited: 11/8/07
  6. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Looks like a nice holiday destination :D.
  7. Timmo

Timmo

newzealand
    Ok guys- Ive posted the patch for the faulty flatten on Avsim. It should be linked from the page for the Island download.

Enjoy