1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hide library object indicators

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by mattbaker, 8/5/08.

1. mattbaker

mattbaker

Hi evrybody,

I'm totally new to the world of scenery designing, but since I'm always offset to the IVAO & Vatsim sectorfiles online, I thought I'd try to do something about that. So, what I want to do is - for personal use only - to change Taxiway / Apron / Gate positions as though to be aligned with FS9 sceneries or the charts.

I found ADE via google (I think?), also tried out FSX Planner but i kinda prefere ADE. Theres just one problem now: when I open a stock airport via File -> Open stock airport etc., and I select for example KMGY as in the tutorial, then I always see those two yellow rectangular things, I don't really know what their called. They belong to LibraryObjects, in this case to "Beacon Tower 01" and "Medium Fuel Station". I'd like to hide those to things so I can see the Apron, because otherwise I can't even start working...

Anyone know how to do that?
    regards
    pascal
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    They are library objects and they will appear in FSX. I notice you mention FS9. ADE does not work with FS9 but only FSX.

If you want to hide all the library objects then go to the Drop Down List in the menu bar and select NONE. All the objects (yellow) and Generic Buildings (Blue) will now be hidden in ADE. But do remember that they will be visible in FSX.
  3. mattbaker

mattbaker

Now that was fast... :D

Thx, that was exactly what I was looking for. The Yellow rectangles were just in my way in the program, now that their hidden I can see the Apron.

What I meant with the FS9:

If you fly online, eg on IVAO, there will be controllers using an ATC Software showing your current position on the Airport. Since FSX and FS9 GND Layouts are usually offset by several meters, and Add-On sceneries offset from the initial GND Layouts, the result in flying FSX and Standart scenery is that you will be offset from the ATC Scope taxiways, runways and gates. Thing that can be solved by simply moving the Taxiways in ADE to the right position, then you'll be aligned in FSX aswell. =)

Anyways thanks again,
    Pascal