1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX:SE Hide surface draw in simulator

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by MANOCHVARMA RAMAN, 14 Oct 2017.

1. MANOCHVARMA RAMAN

MANOCHVARMA RAMAN

malaysia
    Hi,

I am trying to hide the apron and taxi link surface in the FSX. I have unselect the "Draw surface" and "Draw Detail" button but i can see the surface in FSX. In P3D v4, it is hidden.

ADE1.JPG

ADE2.JPG

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
    Manochvarma Raman

2. F70

F70

netherlands
    Manochvarma,

Use for the taxi link "Type Path" and your taxi path is hidden.
    And for the apron use noting, maybe a flatten if you don't have a flatten below your airport.

Jan

3. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    And if you make your "path" very wide, it will flatten the ground automatically. Make it as wide as your original apron, which you can delete.

4. MANOCHVARMA RAMAN

MANOCHVARMA RAMAN

malaysia
    Hi @F70 and @tgibson,

Thanks for the info. I will try and update to you.

Thank you,
    Manochvarma Raman

5. GaryGB

GaryGB

us-illinois
    Hello:

I just happened to see this in the ADE v1.65 Manual today on Page 89 of 309 Pages:

"Auto Set Link Surfaces – Parking & Apron Links should not show a surface type, but there is a bug in FSX that will allow this to happen.

In the window "Program Options of "Settings Menu => Options => General" (see chapter 12.8.1.1 General ) there is a selection box "Auto Set Link Surfaces".

By selecting this option, ADE will manage Parking and Apron Link surfaces to ensure that the surface type for these links matches the underlying aprons or Parking Spots.

Unchecking this gives you more control over the sometimes unexpected surfaces that can appear at certain intersections.

Unless you want to handle these surface assignments yourself, you should leave this checked. FSX only"

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8rp6jr7en9xwdls

http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB