1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX How modify existing Flightplan?

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by i8aaq, 30/9/11.

1. i8aaq

i8aaq

italy
    I apologize for my English, but I can not understand how AI Flightplan works because I would like to modify an existing Flightplan eliminating some of the airplanes and related Flightplan.

So, I load the Flightplan *.BGL in the first screen and then edited in the screen "flightplan edit" but I can not understand how to identify the precise Flightplan to eliminate, for example:

I have a general Flightplan and I want to delete all paths that makes 737-700, how do I do?

Thanks for help
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    It would appear you are not familiar with the components of flight plans. If you are going to modify flight plans, it's essential you understand how they are constructed. A good starting point is the TTools reference manual available in the archive of the latest release of AIFP or directloy from the AIFP menu at http://stuff4fs.com.

Once you understand the various components, what you need to do to modify the flight plans as you wish should be obvious.

Don
  3. i8aaq

i8aaq

italy
    thanks for the answer, I'm sorry, but probably did not write well in English what I meant.

I know how to work an AI Flightplan, but I do not understand how it changes it with the flight planner!

Perhaps it is easier to unpack the BGL in three txt files and manually delete, but I'd like to do with AI Flight Planner.
  4. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    When you load a traffic file into AIFP, the decompiler generates the three components - displayed in three separate windows in the FP Editor panel.

The Flight Plan List and the Aircraft List both have delete functions in the main menu bar and in their right-click menus.

When you are finished deleting a/c and fps, re-compile and you're done.

Alternately, once you decompile, use File/Save As to save the three components in text (TTools) format and edit by hand. Then load the three files back into AIFP and compile.

Don