1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to change Geotiffs from south-projection to north-projection

Discussion in 'FSX terrain' started by andrewlsummer, 6/11/11.

1. andrewlsummer

andrewlsummer

australia
    If I get an elevation geotiff from nasa java apps it is south-to-north projected.
    What are the free utilities to change a south projection (wgs84 format) geotiff to north projection?

At the moment when I import elevation data from my geotiffs its upside down!
    Also I tried doing this in global mapper 10 but I completely failed.
    Does anyone have instructions for that?
    Thanks so much for any help!
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I am not sure what you mean. I am not really aware of up-side-down projections or so. What project does your GeoTIFF files use? Maybe you can post some more information about it?
  3. LCSims

LCSims

unitedstates
    He's posted the same question at the PTSim SBuilderX forum, even though SBX does nothing with mesh in FSX. :confused:

It appears to be Aster Gdem, which is in a ready-to-compile format for FSX and is Lat/Lon'd for a location south of the equator and in the eastern hemisphere. Absent better information, it appears to be good source. He's gotten a response relative to the INF file used, so that may hold the key??
  4. hcornea

hcornea Resource contributor

australia
    Sounds like a minus sign gone astray somewhere.

I was not aware there was a "North and a South deparate WGS84 Geodetic projection"

... but I'm all ears.
  5. rhumbaflappy

rhumbaflappy Moderator Staff Member Resource contributor

us-wisconsin
    Without having the original files, it's impossible to see what the problem is. The files could be zipped and attached for us to see.

There are also a multitude of file sharing sites available for free on the web. If the files are too large to attach here, I suggest Andrew just upload the files to one of these sites, and give us the links.

I find it hard to believe a NASA DEM file would be vertically flipped.

Dick