1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to develop a FS2004 plugin like FSPassenger, ActiveCamera etc.

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by jh_zzz, 16/5/07.

1. jh_zzz

jh_zzz

china
    hi,

I am new to the FS plugin develop, but I have more than 8 years C++ & windows program experience, can someone give me a instruction of how to develop a plugin like FSPassenger, ActiveCamera etc.

These tool can get the information about the Aircracft position, speed, and other information, how can implement these features, I did download all FS2004 SDK but found no information about these.
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    If you are working with FS2004 then you might want to get the FSUIPC SDK. I recall that has a section dealing with writing modules.

You can find the information and downloads here

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
  3. jh_zzz

jh_zzz

china
    Thank you.

FSUIPC is is a third part module, and seems what FSUIPC doing is directly read/write the data from the FS memory, the Microsoft didn't provide the related SDK to users, am I right?
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    It is used to interface with FS version prior to FSX. FSX has Simconnect. There is a version of FSUIPC for FSX that itself uses Simconnect.

Thus if you want to develop addons for FS2004 that read and write information to and from the Sim you will need something like FSUIPC.There are other interface modules but FSUIPC is the best known and probably most widely used. The developer Pete Dowson is sometimes here on FSDeveloper and has his own support forum.
  5. FlapsOut

FlapsOut

us-texas
    Technical Point

You mentioned:

"the Microsoft didn't provide the related SDK to users, am I right?"

Technically speaking, they did and do in fact, provide an SDK into the inner-workings of Flight Sim versions prior to FSX.

For a couple years, I very happily coded in 'C' and got hundreds of pieces of data from my aircraft, scattering them all about my LAN and the Internet...even into my SQL database on my hosted server, so anyone could see where I was and could even place their aircraft in the same location/configuration as I. :)

It was ONLY when I was confronted with needing small details like the Aircraft Title...ROFL! That I was forced into the murky 'underground' of FSUIPC. :rolleyes:

By that? I mean that there is data available in FSUIPC that is not otherwise available through the 'official' SDK.

If you simply need the data of your user aircraft ("the Aircracft position, speed, and other information")? Then, you can indeed get them and a LOT of other data, without FSUIPC through the Pre-FSX Microsoft SDK. :)

FlapsOut
    Last edited: 17/6/07