1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSXA How to dump data from FSX

Discussion in 'Other' started by Kronzky, 16/9/11.

1. Kronzky

Kronzky

canada
    How can I get real-time data from FSX (e.g. simulation and user variables) dumped into either an external file or into DebugView?

I would've expected to find lots of "black box" applications around, but they either only log very specific data (so I wouldn't be able to log user variables), or they only show them on the screen (and I'm not able to export them into a file).

Do I need to write my own interface? Or are there more straightforward paths via SimConnect or FSUIPC (I have both)?
    Or did I just not look hard enough?
  2. ddawson

ddawson Resource contributor

canada
    You can give these a try.
    The "diagnostics" gauge is quite old, as the date stamp will tell you. It is quite powerful though.
    You'll want to put the "xml_vars" gauge in its own window, as it is quite large.

Doug
    Last edited: 23/1/12
  3. Kronzky

Kronzky

canada
    WOW... This was exactly what I was looking for!
    And it's so flexible and easy to use, that I couldn't have hoped for a better solution.
    Thanks so much for posting this here!

Just in case you're planning to do any further work on it at some point — it might make it a lot easier to import the data into a spreadsheet if the variable names would only be listed once, in the header line, and then, after that, only the values itself, e.g.
    Code:
    A:AIRSPEED TRUE,A:PLANE ALTITUDE
    But just having the data at all outside of FSX is a huge help already!

I also noticed that the XML_VARS gauge only seems to list all available L:Vars, no matter the setting in the init file. Is that the intended behavior?
  4. growley803

growley803

unitedstates
    Doug,
    How can I get hold of the "diagnostics" gauge?
    Thanks, Garrett