1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get rid of buildings in the air?

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by walterconklin, 19/8/07.

1. walterconklin

walterconklin

us-maryland
    Hello,

I modified the Aersofot Manhattan scenery, which contained flatned portions of the terrain, with more realistic terrain from FsGenesis. The Aerosoft Manhattan scenery comprised of several buildings. I intially did not know that the scenery contained several FS2002 files in addition to FS2004 files as Aersoft marketed the scenery for FS2004! As a result of me modifying the terrain, some of the buildings are now in mid air. I was wondering if there is a way to position the building back to the ground? Also, I would like to restore the nicely detailed photo imagery that came with the add-on which disappears as my plane files over the sceneryThe company that created this product marketed it for FS2004 but it contains several FS2002 scenery files.

I am able to open several of the Fs2002 scenery bgls files in the old version of BGLanalyze. However, I receive a message that BGLanalyze cannot disassemble two of the files because one is compressed and the other has an unknown id in procedural section, object header at 0xA. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Walter Conklin
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hello Walter,

The fact that a scenery is sold for a specific version does not mean that it will contain BGL files made with that SDK only. Some features can easier be made with techniques from an old FS version.

Did you simply install the new mesh scenery? In that case contact Aerosoft support to ask it is compatible with their scenery might be a good idea.

The fact that you get floating buildings, indicates that they have their altitude hardcoded, instead of set to follow the mesh terrain altitude. There is no way to fix that, unless you start to tweak the sources. In general doing that with a commercial product is not really adviced.