1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTML, Action Script, PHP, and FSUIPC/SimConnect

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by Franzus, 21/6/08.

1. Franzus

Franzus

germany
    I am a complete beginner. I am somewhat experienced with HTML and Action Script (Macromedia - Flash)and a tiny bit PHP. I've read many places that it is not important which programming language is used, but nowhere have I seen any referrence to Flash or PHP. Could someone please give me a very rough idea where I could look for information, and if what I'm trying to do is even possible. I've written a small programm in Flash which generates a random flightplan, and other data like fuel load, cargo weight etc. What do I need to do to send these numbers to FS (via FSUIPC or SimConnect, I assume), and then back to my programm, to create something like a logbook. Which software is needed? Or do I need to get some knowledge of C/C+, VB, etc first.

Thank you for any tips.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I don't think either FSUIPC or SimConnect do work with PHP, Flash or other web features like that. You need a program made with C/C++/C#/VB or so to be able to connect with FS.
  3. Franzus

Franzus

germany
    Thanks Arno.
    The reason I thought this would be possible is because of some of the online virtual airlines, like FlyNet, FSEconomy, etc. There, as I'm logged in via my web browser, they are able to detect things like Parking Brake status, Location, even Landing Light status.
    How does this work?
    Is it Visual Basic running inside a browser, or sthg like that?
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    I don't think you can connect directly to FS from a webserver. I think the user would need a local client running on his PC, that can have a connection with the webserver then.
  5. Franzus

Franzus

germany
    Ahh, of course, silly me. Yes there is a client program.
    Guess I will give VB a try, seems very user friendly and easy to learn.
    Thanks for the info, Arno.