1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can read global.dll offset, but not write?

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by Sims, 16/2/09.

1. Sims

Sims

unitedkingdom
    Hi,

Thanks to some code scattered on the internet I am able to read directly the latitude/longitude/altitude of my aircraft.

But for the life of me I cannot write, (or set my position), back to the dll, (what I ultimately want to do).

For example, I can read my latitude at 0x20CE3560, but I cannot write it.
    I can update the value of that offset, (and the value does change), but the aircraft does not move to the new location.

I think this is because I need to 'refresh' fs9 so it updates to the values I have set.

So, what could I be missing? How can I write the values directly to fs9?

Regards,

Sims.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Are you using FSUIPC or are you trying to write directly into the memory of FS? With FSUIPC it works fine if you read/write the address 0x560.
  3. Sims

Sims

unitedkingdom
    Yes, of course, but I would like to do it without.

I am sure that FSUIPC is doing something after writing to the actual offset, (represented as 0x560 in FS98 I think), that causes FS9 to updates its values.

Sims
  4. eric_marciano

eric_marciano

france
    More than 1 year after your post, I have the exact same question.
    I would like to set the aircraft position without using FSUIPC. Just like you, I found the right offset that I can read but not write.
    I'm sure FSUIPC does something else when writing to these offsets, because it works with FSUIPC.

If you found any clue to solve this problem, I would be glad to know.

Thanks,
    Eric
  5. Sims

Sims

unitedkingdom
    Hi,

No, I never really got a real clue from anyone here, I tried a few things but never got anywhere.

I even sent a PM on this board to the author of FSUIPC to ask him for a hint, but he never even replied to me :(.

If I ever find anything I'll add it here, please let me know if you come across anything.

Sims
  6. eric_marciano

eric_marciano

france
    Sims,
    If you're still interested in solving this problem, I may have interesting information for you that may help. I tried to use this information but didn't get any result, maybe you can do better than me... If you're interested, please provide me your email address or contact me here: marciano.eric@free.fr, because this is highly confidential.

Eric

PS. I will leave on Thursday for a 2-week vacation, don't be amazed if you don't get any reply from me.
    Last edited: 27/7/10
  7. Sims

Sims

unitedkingdom
    Hi,

I am still interested, I sent you an email.
    I'll see what I can do with the info.

If I manage anything interesting I'll send you the results.

Simon