1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have read and read, and cant figure it out.

Discussion in 'SketchUp' started by commercialcobb, 9/1/12.

1. commercialcobb

commercialcobb

us-southcarolina
    This is my first time modeling as all of my work with Flight Simulator over the years has been scenery's and aircraft repaints and AI flight plans.

I am pretty clueless on how to get my Hangar from SketchUp to FSX using ADE so I can precisely place my hangar??

Any help would be great
  2. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    Have you read this tutorial from the wiky?http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Build_your_house_using_SketchUp
    I don't know how to place objects with Ade, I use fsx's object placement tool, anyway for such task you need Sketchup :eek:, and export your object as Dae file to import them in modelconvertex, this tool will export your object as a Mdl file (Fs9 or Fsx) and this Mdl file must be included in a object Library (LibraryCreatorXml) with this tool you make a Library for your project, and there you store your mdls which will be used in your scenery, and then you will place those object with Ade or Object Placement tool, or the payware Instant Scenery (form Flight one).Well, complicated ?, once you get the hang you will se how easy it is. really, the complicated in this business is to get good models and projects for our sceneries.really. :cool:
  3. commercialcobb

commercialcobb

us-southcarolina
    Where is the Librarycreator.xml file? Thats what I don't understand. I searched the SDK folder with no results.
  4. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    Library Creator is a utility program from Arno:
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5
  5. commercialcobb

commercialcobb

us-southcarolina
    Got it, thanks
  6. scott967

scott967

us-hawaii
    Note that in ADE you have the option to go to the "lists-models" menu and on that window there is an "add" button, allows you to attach an .mdl file to your project. ADE will compile it into your airport. That way you don't need a library if you don't want one. While working I believe it is OK to replace your mdl as long as the name/guid is the same but if you want to remove the model you first need to remove any placements of it on your airport plan before you can delete the model from the lists--models window.

scott s.
    Last edited: 10/1/12
  7. commercialcobb

commercialcobb

us-southcarolina
    Your my Charlie Sheen!!! Winning!!! Thanks a bunch!!