1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to use sketchup buildings in FSX

Discussion in 'SketchUp' started by regurd, 3/10/11.

1. regurd

regurd

sweden
    Is there someone who can help me with a step by step guide to get sketchup models to work with fsx? I am working with ADE and would like to add buildings from there if possible.
    ANY ONE PLEASE HELP!
  2. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
  3. regurd

regurd

sweden
    Thanks!! Alot i will have a look straight away.
  4. regurd

regurd

sweden
    the guide is awsome but i have a problem and that is that i cant get to save an mdl-file. i have tried to download colladafiles straight from google but ijust cant find the mdl when i save them.... ANYONE???
  5. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    Don't know what is the issue, when you say You can't find the mdl file, you mean phisically in the PC folders :confused:
    Anyway you will see how easy It's work with Dae and Kmz fiel and with sketchup so take it easy :D
  6. regurd

regurd

sweden
    The problem is when i save the mdl file from sketchup i cant find it it my files. I cannot import the file in modell converter x because i dont have any mdl file to convert.. I know where i place the file and i do save it but somehow i just cant find it after its saved. It just dissapears...???? Sooo strange.
  7. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    hi, Regurd, you can't save a .Mdl file from sketchup, (imposible) you must export this as a .Dae file, once you get the Dae file, you load them in Modelconvertex for export lik a Mdl for fsx .
    I think you get lost in the road , but here we know what situation is :D, so once you get the hang you will see it's no so complicated. You must work too with Escenary libraries for that is "Library Creator XML", a tool for make libraries of objects,
    .Mdl file , like Dae file is a format not a generic concept,
  8. regurd

regurd

sweden
    Thank you ever so much for your quick replies, i said wrong to you erlier. i mean that when i save the mdl file in modelcreator it is nowhere to find. I dont know why it doesnt create a file..
    so when i open library creator there is no file to add...
  9. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    ah, all right, this make sense, try to look for them with the windows searcher, have you set up the folder paths in modelconvertex ?, modelconvertex give you any warning when exporting ?, don't worry it's a weird behavoiour but sure should be a easy to fix thing, usually this things work very well, I guess you know but watch when exporting where the file will be stored, only to be sure the files are not going to somewhere in the PC :D
  10. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Look at the Error Log in ModelConverterX and see if something went wrong with the Export.

Also, make sure your path to BGLComp is set correctly in MCX.

Hope this helps,
  11. regurd

regurd

sweden
    Hmmm this i just getting worse haha. Now all the textures are black and with when i look at tje objekt. What is the correct path to bgl compile?
    I just installed sdk for accelleration and im not sure if that made a problem with mcx?..
    Muchas gracias por la ayuda. Y disculpe si estoy pesado...
  12. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    si, bastante pesado..:D just joking
    Well, black textures, this is because modelconvertex or any other program don't know where your textures are, better you make two folders and name them Scenery and texture, in scenery put your model and in texture folder the textures (obvious), in this manner you make sure MCX will find the textures.
    in Mcx , in Options, you must set the path to Fsx sdk , very easy, look in "Fs related settings".
    ...."I just installed sdk for accelleration and im not sure if that made a problem with mcx?..you had not Sdk installed ?, you "must" install Sdk to make sceneries this is for all of us and of course for you too :D At least to make models for fsx. I hope help and could be explained myshelf well enough (my english is not the better) good luck and regards.
    Last edited: 5/10/11
  13. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Did you download the latest development release of ModelConverterX? The old stable version has a problem with finding COLLADA textures.

Try following my tutorial carefully and see how it goes:

http://www.calclassic.com/sketchup_tutorial.htm

Hope this helps,
  14. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    And don't worry you will see how all work pretty well, when you get the hang and get the map of the things, how work etc. :cool:
    I have forgot to say that one must set up the path to the Sdk tools like in "exporter Settings" there you must indicate where the sdk folders are (FsxBglCompPath for exemple, you must indicate where the bgl compiler is, and is in Sdk/environment kit/bgl compiler sdk. XtoMDLPath, here you must indicate where the xtomdl.exe is, and this is:sdk /modeling sdk/fsx_gamepack\plugins\xtomdl.exe . ModeldelfPath this should be: D:\flight simulator x\sdk\environment kit\modeling sdk\bin\modeldef.xml
    And so on, in texture settings, you must set up the paths too,
    Last edited: 6/10/11
  15. regurd

regurd

sweden
    Hey! It works great! Thanks alot for your very useful help!!!!!!