1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identifier change

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by jonmkj, 19/8/09.

1. jonmkj

jonmkj

us-northcarolina
    I want to change 45J to KRCZ in FSX.

One way I really thought would work would be to rename the identifier to KRCZ and use it as if it were a new airport, then just move the default 45J to the south pacific or the middle of siberia or northern nunavut. But for some reason when I attempt to do that, it puts two airports on top of each other, both my add-on KRCZ and the default 45J.

Did I miss something here? Why wont 45J go away?
  2. jonmkj

jonmkj

us-northcarolina
    Or at least get it to disappear off of the GPS and the map?
  3. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    this is no longer needed...I fixed it for Jon already:)
  4. jonmkj

jonmkj

us-northcarolina
    Actually, negative...... the airport (45J) still shows up on the map in the same location, even though it has been relocated to the south pacific, and the default runways are gone.
  5. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    really? In my FSX it didnt show up....:confused: Let me look again just to be sure:)
  6. jonmkj

jonmkj

us-northcarolina
    and also let me try one other thing...
  7. SpectroPro

SpectroPro

us-ohio
    Hey guys...just ask me.... we just did this for NKL / KNKL..don't you remember. LOL While I am not sure what he did, Jim fixed it for me. I had to add a file to my scenery/world/scenery folder to PRE-LOAD the new position of NKL.

- Greg
  8. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    thats how I knew how to do it. :)I had kept up with the thread everyday. I put it into the scenery/world....folder and it worked for me so...
  9. jonmkj

jonmkj

us-northcarolina
    but why is 45J still on the map?
  10. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    here is what I did:

1. Took your (jonmkj) AFX of KRCZ and put it in Addon Scenery/scenery.
    2. Took 45J (in ADE), deleted everything, moved ARP to the center of the Atlantic. Saved & compiled to 45J_ADEX_MM_ARP.BGL. I put that file in my FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder. :cool:

Here is what I get: (not sure where you are going wrong)

[​IMG]
  11. thatch

thatch

australia
    There is an other way to fix this same problem using "ADE" ... open the default BGL "APX26190.BGL" and edit it to suit then complie it back into a BGL file again.

Then just make a "New Airport" to suit.

Cheers
    Ian
    Last edited: 21/8/09
  12. SpectroPro

SpectroPro

us-ohio
    Ian,
    That will indeed work..but we have discussed this ad nauseam on this site...and that option is NOT the route to ever take. Since these projects will be available for use by all, you never want to edit the stock files. There are several entire threads on here about just this.

Making a new pre-load file is the simplest and safest way to do it.

- Greg
  13. thatch

thatch

australia
    Hi Greg.. yes so very true.. it's not something one should ever consider releasing as a Public file !! I have altered many of my own but never made them available for Public release.

Cheers
    Ian
  14. jonmkj

jonmkj

us-northcarolina
    Mike, have a look at KRCZ on the map in FSX, and zoom in really close. Do you not see a small airfield marked called (45J)?
  15. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    hmm... I see what you are saying now... That doesnt make any sense...:confused: There cant POSSIBLY be 2 45J's. But there is? I don't know...
    PM Jvile. He will exactly what to do. HOLD ON! did you delete all of the comms? Is there anything that couldve been left? I will check my 45J...ARP.BGL then post back.
  16. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    well...I deleted all approaches and comms but its still there....:rolleyes: Like I said, post on the ADE forum about it. Jim Vile will know exactly what to do.:)
  17. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    You cannot eradicate 45J completely, but you can move it.

1. Load stock 45J into ADE, remove everything, runways, taxiways, aprons, starts, coms etc.etc.
    2. Edit the airport properties and set lat/long to N0, W0.
    3. Select Tools/Change Airport Altitude and set a new airport height of zero.
    4. Compile.

A file will be created in Scenery\World\Scenery which overwrites the default position. Put your compiled file in Addon Scenery\Scenery.

Now, load the stock 45J.

1. Edit the airport properties to set the ICAO to KRCZ.
    2. Compile.
    3. Place the compiled file in Addon Scenery\Scenery.

This is what you should see:

45J

[​IMG]

KRCZ

[​IMG]
  18. SpectroPro

SpectroPro

us-ohio
    Yeah, What George said. :)

NKL moved south of the new KNKL. So I know it works.

[​IMG]

- Greg
  19. SpectroPro

SpectroPro

us-ohio
    George... I just noticed something. When Jim did mine, and gave the instructions, the file was to be placed in Scenery/World/Scenery. I know these guys followed that advice. In your instructions, you have them move it to add-on scenery/scenery. Is there a reason for the change? Maybe that was their problem all along. And if so...why was mine placed IN the scenery/world/scenery and works perfectly?

Will be great once this little thing is added into ADE... I see a wiki article once it is totally worked out and working perfectly. :)

- Greg
  20. jonmkj

jonmkj

us-northcarolina
    So no matter what I do, there will always be two 45Js? How odd, but I guess it's the nature of the beast.