1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFVAR commands

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by gary20, 24/1/09.

1. gary20

gary20

canada
    Hi Arno

I think this was discussed before, but wondering if the SCASM IFVAR commands that are currently unsupported will be fixed in future builds.
    Those include VFileMarker, IfVarAnd & IfVSize.
    These are older commands and I believe they're not supported by FSX, but I think they'll need to be addressed in converting SCASM code to FSX.

Best

Gary
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Gary,

As you say they are not supported in the FSX MDL format. So how do you imagine that they will be addressed? Currently it is assumed that the condition is always true and that code path is followed. Would you suggest something else?
  3. gary20

gary20

canada
    Wish that I could suggest something else Arno.
    The Scasm models seem to import OK, but exporting to .3DS seems to eliminate objects that contain these command and the only thing I can think of is the commands above not being recognised.
    Does model converter remove unrecognised components in SCASM objects being imported?

Thanks for all Arno

Gary
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi Gary,

Do you see the components in the preview?

What happens is the following. The SCASM reader will read the SCASM code and construct an object model in the internal format of ModelConverterX. This is what you see in the preview. In this process the conditions are assumed to be true to choose which path through the SCASM code to follow.

When exporting to another format later on, this internal model is used. At that point the tool does not know anything about the SCASM code behind it anymore. So there are no condition set or so.

If you have an object that shows fine in the preview, but not when exporting to 3DS I would be happy to debug it and see what goes wrong.
  5. gary20

gary20

canada
    Thanks Arno

Wish I had your knowledge.
    This is a large model converted to scasm and imported into Modelconvertor for conversion to 3DS.
    When imported into 3DS it doesnt show in the preview, but when finished importing I am able to export to a 3DS.
    When I view the 3DS, the model is perfect, but all those parts that were using the above Scasm commands do not show.

Hope that helps.
    It's probably the way I've chosen to put MDLConvertor to use that is the issue and not the program.

Best

Gary
  6. arno

netherlands
    Hi Gary,

I heard similar sounds once from another tester (also converting aircraft converted to SCASM). If you can provide me with a test case or small sample I would be happy to see if the problem is in the SCA code or if I can improve the way the SCASM is read.