1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illegal Character

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by gsnde, 28/3/10.

1. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Arno,

MCX tries to put the forward slash character into the file name when it recognize the model to be named like this. Batch convert fails in such cases, I discovered what goes wrong in manual mode.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Martin,

So you enter a name with the forward slash? Let me try to test that here.
  3. arno

netherlands
    Hi Martin,

Where did you get the model with the forward slash in the name? If you edit it manually you won't be using the batch mode and in that case you get an error when selecting the name to export.
  4. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Hi Arno,

It happened when converting one of the RAF libraries from Ted Andrews. The name that MCX recognized was something like "Hangar 17/4", leading to the name "Hangar 17/4.mdl" which killed the batch mode. Only when I imported the bgl and manually tried to export the mdl files I noticed what went wrong.

The file in question is the RAF Control Towers library. If you don't want to download it I can send it to you when I come home tonight.
  5. arno

netherlands
    Hi Martin,

Thanks, let me add some function to check the filename for illegal characters. I'll let you know when it is fixed.
  6. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Thank you, Arno :)
  7. arno

netherlands
    Hi Martin,

I think I have fixed the issue now, it will be in the next development release. I could not test with your object, since it seems Avsim does not have the file at this moment.