1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILS/Rwy headings

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by kevtherev, 2/7/13.

1. kevtherev

kevtherev

germany
    Not sure if this is the correct place but here goes. In ADE 01.55.4860 when looking at EDDG (Munster/Osnabruck) FSX I see that the runway heading is 071.040 and the ILS heading for 07 is 070.00. In the Jepperson Charts 10-9 (12 Aug 11) the runway heading is 070 and in 11-1 the ILS is also 070. Should I change the ADE runway heading to 070 instead of 071.04 and what effect, if any will this have in FSX. Is it permissable to have a ILS offset to runway center line ?
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Magnetic or true?
  3. kevtherev

kevtherev

germany
    In ADE I am not sure what the headings are, Magnetic or True as there is no indication in the properties dialog. For the ILS dialog the heading is 070 with Mag Var 0.00 so I should imagine that this is True heading (BTW this ILS is Stock). As to the Jepperson Charts I have no idea what they are.
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    ADE headings are all True. Except that is for approaches where I think you can set True or Magnetic. In design there is no point in using Mag since they change over time. So a runway will always have the same True heading (unless of course a squad of trolls turn up and move it :eek:). However the mag heading changes and we see runways being re-numbered since runway numbers refer to mag heading
  5. jvile

jvile

The stock EDDG Rwy 07 localizer is 071.040001. The stock EDDG runway is also 071.040001. I am not sure how you only see 070.00. ADE reads and displays the heading to the 6th decimal point.

Jon has explained the True/Mag headings. If you change the runway heading then you also should change the Localizer headings. EDDG has both a 07 and 25 Localizers. If you change the Localizer headings then you must rework all the approaches for that runway.

Yes it is permissable if the approach to the runway requires the offset.