1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Object Libraries

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by tyrant, 5/11/07.

1. tyrant

tyrant

southafrica
    Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or if this has been asked before, I did a small search but couldn't find much.

What i'm looking for is just a bit of advice. What do you reckon is the best way for installing object libraries. Should you dump them into one big object library file, or maybe add separate folders from different authors / developers?

And also what priority should the libraries be, higher than addon scenery or lower?

I'm asking the questions because i've been having Texture problems of late and was wondering if an overhaul of the object library structure might help.

Thanks

Jason
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    I keep all the third party object libraries in one folder structure in Addon Scenery. I call it static object Library (comes from what Rwy12 called it). Two sub folders scenery and texture. All the bgl object libraries go into scenery and all the textures go into texture.
  3. Bob S

Bob S

us-michigan
    I also keep all of my object libraries in a folder called "Static Object Libraries" with subfolders "Scenery" and "Texture". I find that much easier to keep track of that separate folders by author or category.

Bob S
  4. tyrant

tyrant

southafrica
    Thanks for the response gents, I guess, I guess I'll just leave it as is then.

J