1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Issues

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by scruffyduck, 7 Dec 2017.

1. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

unitedkingdom
    I have internet issues. Bad weather has damaged the fixed line we use. We are expecting heavy snow for several days and live remotely enough to get cut off. It seems likely that I will have no proper internet access for a while. I have some limited access to email via my cellphone. I will let y'all know when normal service resumes

2. robystar

robystar

Hope that bad weather is not coming our way, (or is it?) and that your sheep, fowl and what else you have there will not suffer too much from their lack of being able to contact their relatives for a while:).

Cheers,

3. FlyingAxx

FlyingAxx

germany
    Hi Jon, even a couple of days before I saw reported snow falls in your region and thought about your situation - really. I can't say that I like our weather as it is. We hadn't dad a real summer, way too much rain - our drainage system didn't work as it should and we had to fight from time to time to keep our basement dry. The conditions now are quite similar to a usual winter here, but today we got +7°C and a bit sunshine. I used my bike... :wave:
    I wish you all the best and hope that your power supply will keep running.

4. scruffyduck

unitedkingdom
    I am still having the internet issues and it is not likely that an engineer will get to us before the weekend due to snow.

5. chris

chris

indonesia
    Just as bad in North Wales. I can't get out of the village either.
    Why oh why did I decide to come to the UK for Christmas?

6. =rk=

=rk=

us-washington
    Wow, I bet that name pays better too. I did the job for a while, wireless actually, occasionally as much as 50 miles (80.5 km) between source and client. You should have seen me 30' (9.1 meters) up with my laptop and reflector antenna, trying to get a signal. Seems maybe kind of highfalutin, but here in the states we're called technicians. I suppose I engineer a connection as linearly as a train driver negotiates his engine down the tracks..

7. scruffyduck

unitedkingdom
    Job title inflation ;)