1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to dynamically add objects at runtime?

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by Simon853, 26/7/07.

1. Simon853

Simon853

Anyone know if it is possible to dynamically add, move and remove library objects at runtime, without scripting such things in missions?

I think it must somehow be possible as obviously the Object Placement Tool does it, but I'm not sure how I might do it with SimConnect myself. I'd like to write an external application that could add ground objects, like vehicles, and move them around according to externally prescribed behviour that could be altered while the sim is running.

Thanks,

Si
  2. jcboliveira

jcboliveira

portugal
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

The SimConnect SDK also provides an example, but it only works for SimObjects, not for every normal scenery library object. I have no idea how the Object Placement tool does it, as that can place any library object.
  4. Simon853

Simon853

Thanks JC. I don't speak C#, but I'll take a look. I should be able to figure out the right functions to use from that.

Arno, yes, that's what I'm thinking. I guess there are aspects to the interface that MS hasn't published. Makes me wonder what else it's capabale of! I want to use it to visualise a strategic picture of an external war simulation. (Similar to what VR Forces does for VegaPrime but at (probably) 1000x the cost...)

Si
  5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    But if the amount of objects you want to show are limited, it should be possible to make them as SimObjects of course.