• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Isolated Parking Errors with Beta 1.75.6372

When using FSDT GSX and an airport bgl compiled by ADEv1.75 all parking spots are reported as isolated by GSX, which means GSX does not see a taxi path connected to the parking. This problem arises when I simply open the airport from the airport bgl (e.g., Flightbeam KSFO, FSDT KLAS or T2G KSEA) and then unmodified compile it and save as an ADEP4 airport file. Doing the exact same open and compile with ADEv1.70 works fine with GSX. I have compare the XML files for one location (KSEA) compiled by v1.70 and v1.75 and do not see any differences between taxiway parking elements and taxiway links.

I've asked FSDT for a concise description of what causes GSX to think a parking spot is isolated. However, it appears something in ADEv1.75 is different and I cannot find that difference.

Dan Downs KCRP

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The difference is the compiler. 1.70 doesn't support P3D v4. That is you can't select it. So in 1.70 l am sure you are using a compiler for P3D v3 The XML source in each case is the same. However the P3D v4 compiler generates different bgl code for taxi links compared to the earlier compilers. So unless GSX has been updated to recognize this then it is perhaps just ignoring the links and believes the parking spots are orphaned. This is not ADE which can recognize the new bgl code.

That explains it very clearly. Most scenery developers have rushed into v4 by simply updating installers. The scenery files remain compiled v3 or even earlier. Thanks.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There are other differences in the bgl code generated by the v4 compiler including runways and aprons.

Affirmative, I've been reading about those and I've examined the SDK myself. I've left a post in FSDT GSX forum for Umbreto for when he gets back to work.

Country
switzerland
The current GSX Live Update has fixed this, so it now recognizes the P3D V4 AFCAD variant. Thanks to Jon for the help, so we could fix this quickly.

Country
moldova
Hi guys!
Same problem here, but on P3D v4.1
Is there any solution for this issue?
ADE version that i use is 1.75 6421
Thx!

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Helllo @Micheal21

Make sure you are using the SDK P3D v4.1 as well...

Country
germany
Hello, had the same issue but was fixed by updating GSX! I had to install the standalone Addon Installer from FSDT. Now everything works as it should.

Country
germany
I created LRTR v4 using the previous 4.0 SDK. After I installed P3D 4.1 and also GSX again, I had the isolated parking issue. I thought it was a problem with my own ARP and tried default EDDM with the same problem.
I then launched the FSDT Live Updater and it downloaded some files. I no longer had the Isolated Parking issue but unfortunately COUATL would crash all the time. P3D gave the information about updating the standalone Addon Manager which I did.

After updating the Addon Manager, I again clicked the FSDT Live Updater which again downloaded some files. After this update, I no longer have the issues!

In other words I did not recompile my LRTR ARP with the new 4.1 SDK....

Country
moldova
Yeah, my bad... Now works ok... The problem was that i saw on their website is written that last update was 31 may 2017, but i purchased gsx sometime later and thought that if my installer is latest version then maybe problem can be other than that... But now i've downloaded again from their site installer installed it and works fine... that means that installer is updated recently not on 31 may...
Thank you!