• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Jetways

So I have an old project from FSX to P3DV3 and now ported the AD4 to P3DV4. The first thing I see are the absence of jetways which were visible in V3. Any ideas?

Shez

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
In ADE or P3D? What setting for image complexity do you have in P3D?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Extremely Dense - so not that then.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If you are talking about selecting a parking spot, right clicking and choosing Add.../Jetway, those are FSX format.

Could someone do a quick test and confirm the adding of a jetway to a parking spot is not working for V4?

Shez

OK so figured it out. When importing from P3DV3/FSX working file each scenery object suddenly had its own little exclude area. This wiped out the jetways and other objects. Deleted the excludes and it all reappears.

Shez

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
That usually means you are loading the airport from a BGL file. If that is your only option then you may need to do some deleting of excludes, etc. But if you created that airport you should be loading the AD4 file instead.

Country
ca-ontario
I'm also having an issue with a file I'm working on for P3D 3 / 4, where jetways don't appear. I have custom scenery settings, which are very high, but I even tried changing some of the jetways to very sparse with no change. Any thoughts?

I did load from the AD4 file which I have been using for FSX. The only way they are appearing is deleting one specific micro-exclude.

Shez

Country
unitedstates
Just thought I would add my experience. I have found that adding an exclusion rectangle in ADE will block your jetways from displaying. If you have to add your own exclusion rectangles, make sure that they don't cover an area where you want to display your jetway . Normally exclusion rectangles are supposed to block objects from OTHER scenery files from displaying on your airport. The one exception to this rule appears to be jetways.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Another caveat - if you move a jetway and it encroaches on an exclude rectangle (even its own ADE micro exclude), sometime double jetways will be displayed in FS at every gate. That jetway needs to be moved away from that exclusion rectangle, or the exclusion rectangle edited to move it away.