• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Just some questions...

Country
unitedstates
hi
i just got a few questions about making a mission... this is my 1st attempt at making a mission

what is the GUID for and where can i get it?

how do i "link" the .flt and the .xml files?

what does the .wx file do?

and how do i get the triggers to work?

thanks

Hello

1. what is the GUID for and where can i get it?
A GUID is a unique number used to identify the different elements of your mission. Each element has a unique GUID attached to it.
You can generate GUIDs via a tool provided by Microsoft at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...58-484f-4a8c-bb39-adb270833afc&displaylang=en

2. how do i "link" the .flt and the .xml files?
Just add the following entry in your .flt file:
[ObjectFile]
File=YourMissionFile

3. what does the .wx file do?
.wx are meteo file

4. how do i get the triggers to work?
There, you should read a tutorial. It would be too long to explain. Good resources can be find there:
http://www.fsinsider.com/missions/Pages/default.aspx

Good luck!

Country
unitedstates
thanks... but now i have another question (oh no!)

what does the strings in the property trigger do?

Country
unitedstates
If you look in the SDK folder, there is a file called fsxsdk.chm. If you open this file and look in the Mission Creation Kit, you will find a tutorial on how to make a basic mission. It also includes a reference for every option.

Make a shortcut to this file on your desktop, you will need it.

Gunner

Country
unitedstates
ok one more thing and my mission is complete!

how do i make a trigger where when a flour bomb hits a static plane, it completes an objective?

Country
unitedstates
Put an Area Definition around the target plane, use a Proximity Trigger to detect the flour bomb. To do this, use Reference in the Object Filter. In the OnEnterFilter reference the flour bomb.

If you want an exact hit on the aircraft, you can use more area definitions to cover the aircraft tighter. Reference all the areas in your trigger.

Gunner

Country
unitedstates
this is really making me angry! how do i keep my AI planes from moving? :mad:
oh and another thing... where is the airspeed in the flt file?

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
this is really making me angry! how do i keep my AI planes from moving? :mad:
oh and another thing... where is the airspeed in the flt file?

If you don't want them to move, use a scenery object. I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, or what the problem is.

XVelBodyAxis=
YVelBodyAxis=
ZVelBodyAxis=

It depends on what direction of speed you want to change.

Making missions is supposed to be fun :)

Gunner

Country
unitedstates
i tried that, but the thing i want to add is a plane i downloaded and i can only find it in the AI section.

Country
unitedstates
I think you lost me. The flt file is only for the players aircraft, not AI aircraft. Are you trying to add an AI aircraft, or do you want the player to fly this aircraft?

Country
unitedstates
i want a AI aircraft to sit on a carrier and be able to switch planes (like in the flour power mission)

Country
unitedstates
That will be a bit more complicated then it looks. When you switch aircraft, the aircraft changes around the users location. You can not move into an AI aircraft. You will have to do a little slight-of-hand to make it look like the user is moving, and the other aircraft are not.

For example you have 3 aircraft A, B, and C, left to right in a row. You need to have 3 AI aircraft (Or aircraft objects). If your player starts off in type A, then the object A must be inactive, and B and C are activated to your right. If you move into B, object B must be inactactive and A active to the left, C active to the right, etc.

The example above is easer to do if your on a large apron, and may not work on the deck of a carrier. It's also complicated. You may just go for a simplified look and just show 3 static objects on the deck. Select the aircraft and go.

Gunner