1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KMCI Bridge Exclusion

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by Sean_E, 14/12/06.

1. Sean_E

Sean_E

Long time no talk gentlmen (and ladies).

I am in need of an answer to a very irritating bridge.
    I have done everything I can to exclude the infamous bridge in the middle of KMCI, but I can't seem to find the exclusion point for this object.

Does anyone know of where this point may be in the world so that I can continue with my project?

Thanks in advance.

Sean E
  2. DougMatthews

DougMatthews

us-washington
    Which version of FS? And if FSX, I can find no bridge at KMCI, infamous or not.

-Doug
  3. Sean_E

Sean_E

Sorry, forgot to specify FS9.
  4. JonPatch

JonPatch Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    If it's an autogen bridge then you need to do a layer 7 VTP exclude (SBuilder will handle that for you). If it's a misplaced object then you'll need to ensure your object exclude covers the entire extent of the object, not just a point.

Jon
  5. Sean_E

Sean_E

Nope, it isn't an autogen bridge.

And yes, I have created an exclusion rectangle that has enveloped the bridge at least twice over and still no joy.

When I say exclusion point, most objects (I am using taxi signs as an example) have a single point (normally an objects 0,0,0 point) that when surrounded by an exclusion rectangle will remove the object and any other objects that use that objects reference point.
    I removed all the taxi signs at KMCI by systematically removing single taxi signs that removed the batch of signs that used its reference point.

So, I know this bridge has a point somewhere that removes it, and it is not within the boundaries of the airport as I have also removed all the buildings and terminals using very small exclusions.
    Now if the reference point is somewhere with the boundaries of the airport,, I have not found it yet.

Thanks for the input

Sean E
  6. JonPatch

ca-britishcolumbia
    Hi Sean,

If you refer to the bridge at N39 18.11 W94 42.99, I do indeed believe it to be an autogen bridge. Try the attached.

And in my experience, bridge and building objects need to wholly excluded, reference point is not important for such.

Jon

Attached Files:

Last edited: 15/12/06
  7. Sean_E

Sean_E

Well I'll be snookered!!

That did the trick Jon. Thank you very much.
    I guess I need to learn up on VTP exclusions.

Thanx again.

Sean E
  8. JonPatch

ca-britishcolumbia
    Great to hear that worked, Sean!

Jon