1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landing Base / Platform

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by olseric, 15/10/09.

1. olseric

olseric

us-wisconsin
    Both in MDL format conversion and trying to do it with SCASM API conversion, I can't seem to get a helipad landing platform to work...the aircraft just falls through.

The SCASM source was correct and it worked that way, but seeing as I have a bunch of these to place, any thoughts on how to make it work as an MDL model?

---EDIT---

Ended up just editing the model in GMAX using the landing box cheat underlay, but the question remains...is it an FS limitation? Difference between FS2004 and FSX? What makes the surface landable in FSX but not FS9? :)
    Last edited: 16/10/09
  2. BASys

BASys

scotland
    Hi FOlks

Eric -
    ModelConverterX still doesn't support platforms yet.

Hoping Arno might address this soon. :D

HTH
    ATB
    Paul
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Eric,

As said, support for platforms (reading from MDL files and writing to MDL files) is still on the whislist for the tool. I hope to add it in the not so far future.
  4. olseric

olseric

us-wisconsin
    Thanks Arno!
  5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Not sure what you mean here, but in both the FS2004 and FSX gamepacks you can define platforms, which will become hard. No difference in that part.
  6. olseric

olseric

us-wisconsin
    Arno,

You answered it when you said that the support for platforms wasn't yet implemented, thus, when I converted, it was lost.