1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lat and Lon values in traffic.bgl?

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by garfield_x, 15/3/07.

1. garfield_x

garfield_x

netherlands
    Hi

Is the format for the lat and lon values in FSX traffic.bgl different from the one in airport bgl files?

I use the same code for converting the FS9 Lat and lon values of an airport in FSX, but got strange values that not correspondent with the real values.

Anyone has an idea?
  2. garfield_x

garfield_x

netherlands
    Never mind. Found it already. did some miscalculation.
  3. jvile

jvile

Peter

Did you notice that the decompiled FSX AI traffic bgl listed the default aircraft 2, 3, and 4 times including paint textures giving a total AC# count of 119?

I found it odd that FSX used one plane as AI many times with different registration numbers in the decompiled FP.txt vs the Aircraft.txt.
  4. lc0277

lc0277

france
    Hi Jim,

They also included retro aircrafts in the AC list, such as DC3 or the Grumman Goose, but without flightplans.
  5. jvile

jvile

lc0277

The J3 is no where in the FP either. I coded many FS9 DC3's and J3 into FP's but always found that their FD behavior was not acceptable. Slight winds caused the J3 a lot of problems. DC3's had terrible descent rate profile and could not get down and land at many airports.

Maybe FSX took another look at this and decided no more AI for those type planes.

Reggie has an interesting theory on the multiple AC's listed.

http://www.projectai.com/discuss/index.php/topic,53745.0.html