• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Library Creator XML 3.0

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi all,

Just to let you know that a beta version of Library Creator XML 3.0 is now available. It is part of the development releases package of my tools.

This new version has the following changes:
  • New user interface
  • Simplified saving (XML and BGL saved from same place)
  • Option to load a MDL from Library Creator XML into ModelConverterX

The changes I made now also will allow me to add support for reading BGL files soon. And I also have plans for more integration with ModelConverterX.

Country
scotland
Hi Arno

With version 3 I am finding the feature that allows you to create .txt files for use with SbuilderX is now broken.
The title of the library is not now being quoted as the first line, as it was previously, and also the Guid is showing as all '0's' for new entries.

Iain

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Ian,

I'll take a look at this. Since it is the first beta release there might be a few issues left :).

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Iain,

Thanks for reporting. I have been able to fix both issues now. In the next development release it should be working again.

Country
spain
Great Arno, I see Library Creator as another indispensable tool for scenery maker, and it's great you have implemented a little this tool, greetings :cool:

Country
france
Hi Arno,

Great thanks for the version 3.0 of Library Creator XML.

These tool is nice and works correctly, but only with '*.mdl' without animation :mad:

When I try to add a '*.mdl' with animation, I receive a 'OutOfMemoryException'...
(No error with Library Creator V2.0.3)
Exemples are attached.

The error message is join (sorry, I am french and my system is in french !!!)

Patrick (PatDeBarr)
http://avalsace.free.fr/SCENES.htm

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.OutOfMemoryException: Une exception de type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' a été levée.
à ASToFra.ObjectReader.MDLStatsReader.GetStatistics(String filename)
à ASToFra.LibraryCreatorXML.XMLReader.Read(String filename)
à ASToFra.LibraryCreatorXML.MainForm.LoadLibraryXML(String filename)
à ASToFra.LibraryCreatorXML.MainForm.mnuFileOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnButtonClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly*: 2.0.0.0
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Launcher_LibraryCreatorXML
Version de l'assembly*: 1.0.0.0
Version Win32*: 3.0.0.0
CodeBase*: file:///E:/FS-X_Outils/FSDevelopper/LibraryCreatorXML.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
LibraryCreatorXML
Version Win32*: 3.0.0.0
CodeBase*: file:///E:/FS-X_Outils/FSDevelopper/LibraryCreatorXML.DLL
ObjectModel3D
Version Win32*: 1.3.0.0
CodeBase*: file:///E:/FS-X_Outils/FSDevelopper/ObjectModel3D.DLL
Utils
CodeBase*: file:///E:/FS-X_Outils/FSDevelopper/Utils.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ObjectReader
CodeBase*: file:///E:/FS-X_Outils/FSDevelopper/ObjectReader.DLL
mscorlib.resources
Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple*:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

Attachments

• Fanion_01.MDL
    10.3 KB · Views: 746
  • Flag_Fra.MDL
    7.5 KB · Views: 679

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Thanks for reporting. I have fixed the bug, so in the next development release you can add these objects without problems.

Hi,

Downloaded latest dev release and added one mdl (without animation) to an existing xml but Library Creator gave up on me.
Unfortunately it substituted the existing xml by a 0kB xml.
I decompiled the bgl to get a new xml and tried to add the new mdl to my xml whereupon Library Creator tells me the mdl is made for another version of FS and that I cannot mix the two.
I checked MCX and indeed it looks like when I changed the GUID, it gave me this kind of GUID:36930a41-5ea5-4041-a73b-df1bdb0893cc which I believe is a FS9 type although my preferred FS version is FSX. So maybe it is a MCX bug?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I checked and there was indeed a little bug in exporting the XML files. I have fixed that now. So that should fix the 0kB XML file being exported.

Not sure what went wrong afterwards. The GUID you write is a fine FSX style GUID. After you load your decompiled XML file, what version does Library Creator XML show in the status bar? You get the version message when you try to add objects from another version.

I get FS2004 but that is not the case as this is an FSX bgl decompiled xml with only FSX type mdl's.
(Sorry about being mistaken in the GUID type, I thought FSX style GUIDs did not have those hyphens, have they???).

Last edited:
Country
france
Hi Arno,

The last release of LibraryCreatorXML work fine with animations :D ...

Many thanks.

Patrick

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Roby,

I get FS2004 but that is not the case as this is an FSX bgl decompiled xml with only FSX type mdl's.
(Sorry about being mistaken in the GUID type, I thought FSX style GUIDs did not have those hyphens, have they???).

Let me see if I can reproduce that, which decompiler did you use?

Hi Arno,

In the options I set the path to the fs2004 SDK one for FS2004 and the FSX SDK one for FSX.
By the way, it now reads fsx instead of FS9 but models are still in red.

Country
hungary
Hi Arno!

Today I tested the new LC. If I may ask some function in the LC 3.0:

- You can close LC without a warning to save your work. This happened to me very often with the 2.0 LC. I added an object, made a bgl but did not save the library. And when the next time I add an mdl (FS2004) LC generates a new GUID. So Either I rewrite the GUID in the txt, or I place the objects again.

- FS2004 - If the mdl is FS9 than LC should take the GUID from the mdl's xml. Than the problem above could be avoided. In FSX this is not an issue.

- Additional function when you right click on the GUID : change GUID.

- Same change for the mdl's path.

- In case of FS9 mdl. The option to open it in MDLTweaker would be very nice.

Thank you Arno!

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

- You can close LC without a warning to save your work. This happened to me very often with the 2.0 LC. I added an object, made a bgl but did not save the library. And when the next time I add an mdl (FS2004) LC generates a new GUID. So Either I rewrite the GUID in the txt, or I place the objects again.

Since in Library Creator XML 3.0 there is no difference anymore between compile BGL and save XML (all done from the same screen). I don't think such a reminder is needed anymore. And in future versions I will add the option to read the BGL directly as well.

- FS2004 - If the mdl is FS9 than LC should take the GUID from the mdl's xml. Than the problem above could be avoided. In FSX this is not an issue.

I know this has been discussed before, but I see the sample XML that the gamepack makes as nothing more than a sample. You don't need to use that GUID at all, that's why I just create a new random GUID when you add an object.

- Additional function when you right click on the GUID : change GUID.

In what case would you like to manually edit the GUID? The option is not there now since it is more save to just create a new one when needed. Is there a use case where you would want to edit the GUID?

- Same change for the mdl's path.

I had that option before, but since I never used it I removed it. You could of course remove the old one and just add the new one. But for FS2004 objects that would not keep the GUID the same. Maybe I should add the replace object button back.

- In case of FS9 mdl. The option to open it in MDLTweaker would be very nice.

That's a nice idea, I'll put it on the list.

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
Arno,

I think the problem arises if you have already placed the model in the scenery (eg multiple times) then it falls out of the library xml file, and its GUID changes.

Rather than place all the objects again ... re-creating the same GUID is a better option.

Now, my request:

Could Library Creator automatically detect new models in a folder and offer to add them to the library?

I tend to colllect all the mdls in a folder and compile the library from there. I am sure many others do this.

(An option to automatically parse x-files would be good for those of us who are lazy, and use 3DSMax)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I have put the edit GUID idea on the wishlist now.

I think I could add an option to add all objects in a specific folder. Would that work for you? Now you can already try to add all files in a folder and the tool will only add the new ones.

Not sure if doing that automatically is so easy, because then the tool needs to know which folder belongs to which XML file.