• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Library Objects SBX

Country
us-michigan
In Object Properties using FSX SE, what sub categories am I supposed to be able to use? At the moment I can only use General and Gen Buildings. Am I supposed to be able to use Library Objects?

Attachments

• 15030818286051471653152.jpg
    15030818286051471653152.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 277
  • 15030818689271197334663.jpg
    15030818689271197334663.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 333
Country
us-illinois
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/library-objects-sbx.440819/

In Object Properties using FSX SE, what sub categories am I supposed to be able to use? At the moment I can only use General and Gen Buildings. Am I supposed to be able to use Library Objects?

YES ! :pushpin:

To fix this:

Update SBuilderX LibObjectsPath= to [SBuilderX install path]\LibObjects in the SBuilder.Ini file

To do this, one must edit the pertinent lines in the SBuilder.Ini file via: :idea:

SBuilder Menu > Edit > Preferences > click [INI File] button < file opens in Windows NotePad >

[Objects]
Rwy12Path=C:\MyPrograms\SBuilderX314\Rwy12
MacroAPIPath=C:\MyPrograms\SBuilderX314\API
MacroASDPath=C:\MyPrograms\SBuilderX314\ASD
LibObjectsPath=C:\MyPrograms\SBuilderX314\LibObjects <--Replace with your [SBuilderX install path]\LibObjects sub-folder path

1.) When configuration of your SBuilderX project is completed via editing "SBuilder.ini" in Windows NotePad:

.....a.) In Windows NotePad Menu > File > Save As... > "Save as type" field, set to "All Files (*.*)" (do not click OK yet)

.....b.) In NotePad Menu > File > Save As... > "Save In" field, browse to [SBuilderX install path] folder; double-click to select it

2.) Back in NotePad Menu > File > Save As... browse dialog, click "OK"

.....a.) When prompted to over-write Sbuilder.ini, click "YES" to save your edits to that file.

3.) Exit and re-start SBuilderX (...or the above changes will not yet take effect)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-michigan
Sorry, I just started getting into this issue. So if I'm understanding I type in the true path of SBuilderX 314\libOjects underneath C:\MyPrograms\SBuilderX314\LibObjects? Mine:
C:\SbuilderX314\SbuilderX314\LibOjects

Country
us-michigan
Also, I'm not understanding landclass design at all for SBX. Can't find any good tutorial. I'm more of a visual person, prefer video.

Country
us-michigan
Hi Gary, I have done this and nothing has changed. Unless I just don't understand how to use it.

Country
us-illinois
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/library-objects-sbx.440819/#post-780777

Hi Gary,

I have done this and nothing has changed. Unless I just don't understand how to use it.

Hi Chris:

IIRC, you should see a pick-list of Scenery Library Objects in SBuilderX via:

SBuilderX Menu > Tools > Objects (click Mouse on work-space) > Object Properties > {Lib Objects} tab

If not, let me know, and review this thread:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-do-you-use-default-fsx-libraries-in-sbuilderx.18704/

PS: Also see... ;)

SBuilderX Menu > Help > {Contents} tab > click "Working with Objects"

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-michigan
This is what I get. Included is the ini file.

Attachments

• IMG_20170912_213018815.jpg
    IMG_20170912_213018815.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20170912_213027479.jpg
    IMG_20170912_213027479.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20170912_213033893.jpg
    IMG_20170912_213033893.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_20170912_213114742.jpg
    IMG_20170912_213114742.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 279
Country
us-illinois
Hi Chris:

Ok, you are closer to your goal. ;)

Here are the actual steps alluded to in these posts:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...fsx-libraries-in-sbuilderx.18704/#post-122723

I see the same, one object in FSX_vehicles_land.

However, you can import all of them by using "Get Temporary Objects from BGL file" and browse to FSX\Scenery\Global\scenery. Unfortunately there won't be any thumbnails.

In fact, you can copy them to the SBX folder by using the left arrow. Unfortunately you can select only one at a time.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...fsx-libraries-in-sbuilderx.18704/#post-122725

Yes... as posted above. Sorry I misunderstood your problem.

Use the Menu Item "Edit | Object Lib Manager" to add items from the default BGLs. You can shift-select all the objects in a folder and add them using the left and right arrows.

To add the jpegs, you could use the screenshot method odf the manager... or if you can get images ( from http://lc0277.nerim.net/sceneobjects/ maybe )you can add them to the appropriate SBuilderX folder ( like "C:\Program Files\SBuilderX313\LibObjects\FSX_vehicles_land" ).

Dick

AFAIK, here is the actual steps alluded to in the posts quoted above:

1.) SBuilderX Menu > Edit > Object Lib Manager... < SBuilderX Library Object Manager dialog opens >

a.) click [New] Category button > type over "FSX_New_Category" with desired new category name; click [OK]

b.) Under 'Get Temporary Objects from BGL file', click [...] button

c.) Browse / Select ex: [FSX install path]\Scenery\Global\scenery\airport_objects.bgl; click [OK]

(1) In the pick-list under airport_objects.bgl:

(a) Leave the first object 'selected', then hold down (and continue to hold down) < Shift > key

(b) Scroll the vertical scroll bar to the bottom of the pick-list, then click on the last (bottom) object; all are 'selected'

(c) Click on the [<--] left-pointing arrow button; all are moved from "Temporary" to Existing Category pick-list

2.) Repeat process above for as many BGLs in the [FSX install path]\Scenery\Global\scenery\ sub-folder as you want.

3.) Click [OK] button when finished.

Let me know how the steps I outline above works for you. :)

PS: Please transfer via USB Flash Drive, full-size (not 'down-sized') screenshots between your 2 computers ! :banghead:

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-michigan
I'm getting this message. I transfer them all over to the left alright. Sorry about the pictures, I take them from my cell phone and upload them on here. If I don't Down size them they don't upload. I use my data on my phone, no WiFi.

Attachments

• IMG_20170913_180946033.jpg
    IMG_20170913_180946033.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_20170913_180846290.jpg
    IMG_20170913_180846290.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 281
  • IMG_20170913_180946033.jpg
    IMG_20170913_180946033.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20170913_180846290.jpg
    IMG_20170913_180846290.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 262
Country
us-illinois
Hi Chris:

This aspect of SBuilderX is severely under-documented, and I do not use it. :alert:

I believe the easiest way for you to place scenery library objects is via Instant Scenery (payware):

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=iscen3

...or via ADE (requires nearby real airport -or- fictional "Start Location" to focus ADE on a work location).

If you are inclined to tinker further with trying to get that feature to work, there is little to refer to beyond the thread I linked above, and this one:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/...-can-be-fixed/?do=findComment&comment=1550611

"Posted March 3, 2009

Hi Lance,

I am very grateful for the help you give to SBuilderX users!

I noticed that you have posted a collection of thumbnails for EZ/IS objects.

I am not familiar with these tools but what I plan is: SBuilderX will have a "Object Manager".

You start it by choosing a BGL file in your disk.

SBuilderX reads the file and extracts the Guid, the Friendly Name, and the Footprint for each object in the BGL.

If it happens that you have unzipped to the LibObjects folder a chunk of pictures whose files names without extension contain the string "{...guid of object ...}" that picture will be shown when you select one of the extracted objects.

Then you can pick up extracted objects and add them to an existing (or you create a new one) Category.

When you finish this "picking up" process, SBuilderX will add a line to the <existing_category.txt> file or will create a <new_category.txt> and add a line for each extracted object.

Categories are defined in txt files using a kind of delimiter like [some_Category].

Each time SBuilderX starts it reads main <objects.txt> file and included <*.txt> files and will create LibObjects sub-folders using the category name.

It will also move to this sub-folder any picture that contains the string "{...guid of object ...}".

The user is responsible for managing these categories taking into account that if he just uses a unique category SBuilderX will be slow in showing the thumbnails.

You are saying that this should be extended to FS9. I was thinking in FSX only but I can also include this possibility.

If you have further ideas or suggestions please write to me.

Kind Regards,

Luis
"

IIUC, one may need to have previously added scenery library object thumbnails to the:

[SBuilderX314 install path]\LibObjects sub-folder

...in order for the Object Lib Manager to work properly ? :confused:

Perhaps Golf-HotelDelta or rhumbaflappy may shed further light on this aspect of SBuilderX ? :scratchch

GaryGB

Country
us-michigan
Very unfortunate that it doesn't work right. I was able to plop objects from the library messing around a bit. Have not tried it out to see if they appear on FSX yet. If I can't use SBX to place objects well, I'd like to see if I could get the Annotator Tool to work. I have questions about that on another thread. Thanks again for your help.