• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Lighting Illumination Failed in P3Dv3[SOLVED]

Country
malaysia
@jtanabodee you have done a great job for KLIA2. Your work pretty amazing.

I am on learning phase. I need your help to solve the issue on this thread. I have tried one way as mentioned by Dave Hoeffgen.

There are a few possible solutions:
  1. Use an extra version for P3D with alpha testing. P3D does a better job blending a material against itself so that edgy border look shouldn't occur
  2. SimObjects have better quality Z-buffering and therefor always blend where they actually are. So placing the lights with SODE can solve this. For performance reasons I'd recommend to merge them into one model for that.
  3. Attach an effect instead of the light polygon. This works for small airfields, because it's quite performance consuming it is not recommended for large airports.
But unfortunately the first method doesnt work. You may check the details in this link http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...led-in-p3dv3-solved.439390/page-2#post-765898

I am not familiar with SODE coding. So, solution number 2 has no luck on my side.

I hope you can guide me please.

Thank you.

Country
malaysia
For this you best have a look ath the official SODE documentation:
http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=101

Finally i manage to get some information from SODE sample file. I don't know where I did wrong, but the model doesn't appear in my sim. Can you please verify it?

Kindly refer the image below for the file location:

File location.jpg

Following are the codes for the appropriate files:

XML File name = "TaxiEdgeLight"

<SODE>

<!-- Data Probe serving its clients -->
<SimObject Name="EDP WMKP">
<Placement Lat="5.29719818" Lon="100.27683958" Alt="0" Hdg="0.0"/>
<Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Environmental_Data_Probe">
<EnvironmentalDataProbe ClientList="Taxi_Edge_Light"/>"/>
</Model>
</SimObject>

<!-- Time of Day based switching of Textures -->
<SimObject Name="Taxi_Edge_Light">
<Placement Lat="5.30890086" Lon="100.28642178" Alt="0" Hdg="000"/>
<Model SimTitle="Taxi_Edge_Light_Night">
<ConditionalVisibility Variable="TimeOfDay" Value="DAY;DAWN;DUSK;NIGHT"/>
</Model>

</SimObject>

</SODE>

[General]
Category=Viewer
Module=SODE

[fltsim.0]
title=Taxi_Edge_Light_Night
sim=
model=taxiedgelight
texture="taxiedgelight"

[models]
normal= taxi_edge_light (this is the .mdl file)

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\Texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\Texture

Please guide me.

Thank you.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Finally i manage to get some information from SODE sample file. I don't know where I did wrong, but the model doesn't appear in my sim. Can you please verify it?

Kindly refer the image below for the file location:

View attachment 33370

Following are the codes for the appropriate files:

XML File name = "TaxiEdgeLight"

<SODE>

<!-- Data Probe serving its clients -->
<Placement Lat="5.29719818" Lon="100.27683958" Alt="0" Hdg="0.0"/>
<Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Environmental_Data_Probe">
<EnvironmentalDataProbe ClientList="Taxi_Edge_Light"/>"/>
</Model>
</SimObject>

<!-- Time of Day based switching of Textures -->
<Placement Lat="5.30890086" Lon="100.28642178" Alt="0" Hdg="000"/>
<Model SimTitle="Taxi_Edge_Light_Night">
<ConditionalVisibility Variable="TimeOfDay" Value="DAY;DAWN;DUSK;NIGHT"/>
</Model>

</SimObject>

</SODE>

[General]
Category=Viewer
Module=SODE

[fltsim.0]
title=Taxi_Edge_Light_Night
sim=
model=taxiedgelight
texture="taxiedgelight"

[models]
normal= taxi_edge_light (this is the .mdl file)

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\Texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\Texture

Please guide me.

Thank you.
s far as I see it is the altitude entry in the placement xml. unlike bglcomp placement the altitude in SODE placement files deaults to above sea level.
The correct syntax for an object on the ground is Alt="0#AGL"

Country
malaysia
s far as I see it is the altitude entry in the placement xml. unlike bglcomp placement the altitude in SODE placement files deaults to above sea level.
The correct syntax for an object on the ground is Alt="0#AGL"

@dave hoeffgen,

After changing the Alt to '0#AGL' on both placements on .xml file:

<Placement Lat="5.29719818" Lon="100.27683958" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="0.0"/>

<Placement Lat="5.30890086" Lon="100.28642178" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="000"/>

No luck, the model doesn't appear in sim.

By the way, does the .bgl file for the light model should be placed in the scenery folder if we want to use SODE?
(Note: Currently the .bgl file is not in the scenery file.)

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
By the way, does the .bgl file for the light model should be placed in the scenery folder if we want to use SODE?
(Note: Currently the .bgl file is not in the scenery file.)
You don't need a bgl file for SODE
Maybe also the SODE forum is a better place to discuss display issues.

Country
us-texas
Ground splash not showing over ground poly on P3D? Add an empty LOD to the Taxi light 3D object.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I am sorry. I am not familiar with P3D. I need a new set of computer to use with P3D soon.
However, as I have seen your light illuminate correctly but the light pole is not. I think you need the correct night texture for the light pole. The color of the lamp must illuminate to match the texture you use with the light texture.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,
I think you are focusing on the wrong thing. I think you need to adjust your TEXTURE on the light pole more than anything. Please take a look at this photo, I used your picture taken from MCX. I use photoedit program to brighten up the light pole lamp.

effect.jpg

What you need to do is not the LIGHT texture but the pole texture. You need to brighten it up to simulate the light bulb inside. The light texture itself is fine now, by considering on your screen shot.

Hi Dave,
Would you mind explain why we need SODE for this? I am not quite understand the reason.

Country
malaysia
Hi,
I think you are focusing on the wrong thing. I think you need to adjust your TEXTURE on the light pole more than anything. Please take a look at this photo, I used your picture taken from MCX. I use photoedit program to brighten up the light pole lamp.

View attachment 33540

What you need to do is not the LIGHT texture but the pole texture. You need to brighten it up to simulate the light bulb inside. The light texture itself is fine now, by considering on your screen shot.

Hi Dave,
Would you mind explain why we need SODE for this? I am not quite understand the reason.

Hi@jtanabodee,
It works perfectly for me too with the old texture in MCX. The problem is after it loads on sim, it become like in this image: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/at...nation-alpha-test-value-set-to-100-png.33353/

Last edited:

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany