• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Lighting Illumination Failed in P3Dv3[SOLVED]

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
So I thought you were already trying SODE.
Meanwhile I found out that I was also wrong about the effects. :(
I just tried it with a scenery where I use effects on the rwy/taxi lights and they are also masked by the ground poly.

Country
malaysia
So I thought you were already trying SODE.
Meanwhile I found out that I was also wrong about the effects. :(
I just tried it with a scenery where I use effects on the rwy/taxi lights and they are also masked by the ground poly.

SODE works perfectly. I just wondering in a case if people without SODE installed will not be able to use the scenery file after i make it public.

Regarding your trial, i think it might be some problem with MCX then?

Country
malaysia
@dave hoeffgen,

Do you have any idea how many vertices will be the best for exporting to FSX/P3D directly from blender? I have created high detailed Taxi Edge Light but when i'm exporting it, Blender stops to respond.

Vertex #.PNG

Taxi Light.PNG

Country
us-texas
That cylindrical shape will draw too many vertices. If you are working on a large airport you will truncate bglcomp, at least for FSX, if trying to group all of them on a single model, which you would have to for them to be seen at a modest distance.

David

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I think you dont need that detail. None of us who fly on airplane will go down to look in detail. I use only two cross plane and map the texture on them. That is enough. Too many vertices drag down the fps without any benefit in detail.

Country
malaysia
Hi,

The light illumination problem is also found in FSX.

Screenshot (82).png

Screenshot (83).png

Screenshot (84).png

Settings:
Light Illumination 1.PNG
Light Illumination 2.PNG

in P3D it is more vibrant than in FSX.

Any solution for it?

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
No Z write???
I think it's the never/false alpha testing

I refused to believe what @pinkjr said a few times that adding an empty LOD would solve this.
After I figured out how to export LODs properly I stood corrected.

@MANOCHVARMA RAMAN try the following: load the light into MCX and add an empty LOD in the LOD tool.
check in the export options that either DrawCallBatching is false or LOD over DrawCallBatching is true. Then export.
Please feedback if that worked.