1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading a custom briefing along with the .FLT

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by Slopey, 14/12/07.

1. Slopey

Slopey

Hi All,

My little project is coming along nicely in that I can start FS9/FSX from my application and position the aircraft where I'd like it.

I'd also like to include a custom briefing in the kneeboard, but I'm at a loss as to how to make this work.

As I understand it, I can create a .htm file with the same filename as the .FLT and it should be loaded as the briefing automatically?

Or is that not the case? I have an appropriate .htm file in the same directory as my .flt and .pln files but when I use the flt to launch FS, the briefing is blank.

Anyone able to help?

Regards,
    Slopey
  2. Slopey

Slopey

Typical - I've just worked it out for FSX at least - if I put the FLT/PLN and HTM file in the Flights folder, everything works ok.

Any way to get round this and use any folder?

Cheers,
    Slopey
  3. Ben74

Ben74

unitedstates
    i was considering developing a tool to generate a custom briefing as well. my plan was to overwrite /Uires/nobrief.htm whenever a flight plan was activated. nobrief.htm is what shows in the kneeboard under the briefing section when there is no other briefing available.

i figured the tool would subscribe to flight plan events via simconnect, parse the flight plan, and download appropriate charts for display on the kneeboard. it would be more or less just like the charts you get for the built in missions. enroute charts, ILS diagrams, etc.

if you're working on such a thing, perhaps we could collaborate. i have dot net and C# experience.