1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local time offset query

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by jimrodger, 17 Oct 2017.

1. jimrodger

jimrodger

scotland
    I've been working on installing the RFAI F900 package and for numerous FPs I get "The local time offset for one or more airports is unknown. Local Time cannot be used"

I prefer working in local times as it makes it more obvious as to when the FPs are actually flying ie day/night etc...

Is there any way to find out which airports are causing the information message.

Many Thanks

Jim

Dug a bit deeper to discover that some of the ICAOs that are causing the problem have their Country entry as "Bahamas, The" & "Gambia, The". Both these entries are as they are listed in the Timezone.dat file.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2017
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Jim, this problem was fixed a couple releases ago. You need to update Timezones.dat to the current version.

Don

3. jimrodger

jimrodger

scotland
    I'm on 3.2.10, my timezones.dat is dated 22/02/2016 in my AIFP.ini, if I try for an AIG Timezones update it tells me there are no new updates.

Is there anything I need to do to force the update?

Jim

The timezone settings were still not being picked up for "Bahamas, The" and "Gambia, The", I changed both timezone.dat and AirportList.dat to "Bahamas and Gambia - the UTC settings are now getting picked up. Still have the same problem for Zimbabwe and Mali with both files looking the same :(

Last edited: 19 Oct 2017
  4. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    It appears I neglected to copy the new Timezones.dat into my release control fileset and, hence, Release 3.2.10 still contains the old version.

To correct the situation, edit your Timezones.dat to remove the ", The" from after "Bahamas, The" and any other countries in Timezones.dat that end in ", The".

I'll re-release when I get home early next month.

Don

5. jimrodger

jimrodger

scotland
    Thanks for the reply, thought I was doing something wrong.
    Still had the problem with Zimbabwe (last entry in Timezone.dat) not picking up the UTC settings until I used the timezone editor to assign the time settings. After adding one, all the Zimbawean ICAOs were picking up their settings. Checked Timezone.dat and it had added an other Zimbabwe entry after the original!!..

Jim

6. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thanks for reporting the second (Zimbabwe) issue, Jim. I have investigated and found a coding error that caused the final entry in Timezones.dat to be ignored. As before, I will re-release when I get back home.

Don

7. jimrodger

jimrodger

scotland
    Only too happy to help...any time.

Jim

8. hendrik357

hendrik357

us-washington
    HI Everyone, I am new to the AIFP program I have V3. This sia cool program I am sure there are just some things I am doing wrong. Thank you for a neat program and for any advice you can give me. Thanks, Dan C.

I am attempting to make some small flight plans to and from small airports I have updated with the ADE program so AI traffic an visit them.
    I keep getting two error messages that stop me in my efforts. The airport I am trying to add A.I. Traffic to is in the airport list, that is where I found it but when creating a flight plan it tells me it is not in the list.

The second issue is it tells me there is no timezone information is available.

Attached Files:

9. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    The message is telling you that the airport is not in AirportList.dat, AIFP's airport reference database. Unless you make additions, AIFP is only "awaree" of stock airports. The message is also telling you that AIFP has extracted basic positional information for the airport from the flight plan/traffic file with which you started. This is just an information/warning message. Just Click "Yes" (probably should be OK/Cancel) and AIFP will use what little data it has.

To avoid this situation, add the airport to AIFP's list using the Airport Editor ("L23" is not a stock airport.)

I have no idea where L23 is located, but clearly AIFP does not have timezone information for that place. You can continue to generate flight plans using a time mode other than "Local Time". Or, you can use the Timezone Editor to enter the timezone offset for that country/region.

Don

10. jimrodger

jimrodger

scotland
    L23 seems to be a stock FS9&FSX airport...details as per the jpg.

The airport is just a basic runway with no parking.

Jim

Attached Files:

• L23.JPG
      L23.JPG
      File size:
      35.4 KB
      Views:
  11. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thanks for that, Jim. I must admit I relied on the user's report and did not check further. I have now checked and can confirm that AIFGP has no trouble finding or using L23 on my system.

Therefore, I suspect some sort of data corruption or missing data on the user's system.

Hendrik, I suggest you re-install AIFP after first deleting any files in the destination folder. If you still experience the error, please zip up all the files in the top level of the AIFP folder and post them in this forum.

DOn

EDIT: Hendrik, please identify the flight plan/traffic file on which you were operating when this situation occurred and, if it's not a stock file, also include it.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2017
  12. hendrik357

hendrik357

us-washington
    Thank you all for the information. I will do as you have suggested and get back to you.

13. hendrik357

hendrik357

us-washington
    Hi again, I did a reinstall and that helped to clear up the issues I was having. Now I think I just need to continue reading the manual and learn all I cal from it. Also I need to learn about time zones as I have a really poor understanding of that. This is an excellent program and I am going to continue learning to use it. Thanks again for your help!!!!!
    Dan C.

14. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Open timezones.dat, a text file. The organization of timezone processing should be obvious. And, of course, PLEASE read the manual.

Don