1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of missing China airports

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by Honus, 26/2/11.

1. Honus

Honus

I'm using the W of AI Air China flight plan and after restoring aircraft to normal cruise speeds, I had to delete about 80 flight plans because of so many missing airports. I thought FSX had most of the world's commercial aircraft. Just wondering how the flight plans were creating if there were no airports.
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    With such a general comment, it's difficult to know what is your concern.

First of all, WoAI traffic files are compiled for FS9, not FSX. Converting them to FSX with AIFP will find additional/changed airports in FSX.

If you are concerned about the missing airports warning, AIFP is simply warning you that FS9/FSX does not contain the noted airports. However, as described in the user manual, AIFP will use the positional data contained in the source traffic/airports.txt file. So, there's no need to delete any flight plans. But, if you don't have add-ons for the missing airports, you won't (of course) see the traffic at those airports. (If you do have add-ons, run AIFP's airport collection function and thos emessages will no longer be issued.)

If you are complaining about missing airports in FSX, I suggest you contact Microsoft.

Don
  3. David Butler

David Butler

england
    Do a search for China on Avsim Winfried Orthmann has done a batch for FSX

Dave Butler
  4. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Once you install these (or any other airport add-ons), you'll must collect airports for AIFP to be "aware" of them.

Don