1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOWS - Salzburg scenery is released

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Gianni, 21/2/06.

1. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    Hi all,

I am glad to announce the release of LOWS-scenery (Version 1.0 beta) on February 20, 2006. All of you who are reading FLIGHTXPRESS will have noticed this because the scenery is described on page 29 in the recent issue. The downlaod link will be available within the next days (www.flightxpress.de).

The project is not finished yet but the airport is ready for use already. It would not have been possible to proceed without the kind help of you all - so please let me say "thanks" for all your assistance.

greetz
    gianni
  2. Shagster22

Shagster22

netherlands
    Ah! I saw the screenshots on your site for the first time! Looks Capital! very nice ground textures there :D ! Looking forward to flying agian hehe!
  3. Georg Aubele

Georg Aubele

germany
    Looks really great!

Our VA will do a group flight there soon!
  4. itsimon

itsimon

austria
    Ah, its your scenery :cool:

I saw it in the FXP and thought, it couldn't be possible, that a LOWS scenery exists and I don't know anything about it... now it's clear... Will be tested immedeately ;)

Maybe I give some specific AI-Traffic for LOWS in Summer :scratchch
  5. dan

dan

us-rhodeisland
    Wow! Looks great Gianni! The only possible thing I can think if is planting some 3D trees. That huge patch of them probably looks pretty flat on final.
  6. Horst18519

Horst18519 Moderator Staff Member Resource contributor

germany
    This is great news, Gianni! Congrats for this project! :) :)

Only one thing about the homepage: could you please correct the link to www.flyways.info and let it open in a new window? Thanks. ;)
  7. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    Hi all,

thx for your feedback. I am grateful for any idea because I always planned to let the project run in an open style. So I will gradually enhance the scenerie and then will publish the new versions via AVSIM.

To "plant" the trees around the airport is one of the next steps.

Kind regards.

gianni
  8. sk699

sk699

estonia
    Well done
    I like it, especially those glass houses and transparent windows.
    APP lights are also good and I like those clear taxiway lines. No bad words, maybe only 2 things that can be solved I´m sure:
    I don´t know if it is my problem or something, but I am getting pretty bad frames with my rig AMD XP2600 1024PC3200 and 6600GT vga with default Cessna ( 12-15)
    Also I noticed a flickering in one of the glass hangars ( seems like 2 objects are inside each other)
  9. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    Hi sk699,

I did not realize very bad impacts on framerate; nor my beta testers reported something. Would you please tell me in which flight phase you have those stutterings?

Yes, I know that the glass hangars are not perfect yet. This part of the scenery was the hardest one to construct and texture. As the scenery is in a status of beeing "open beta" I am reworking and expanding the scenery in an ongoing way.

So the missing trees which were mentioned by dan are yet planned to be implemented.

greetz
    gianni
  10. sk699

sk699

estonia
    Hello
    Well after activating the scenery, restarted, chose default C172, LOWS and pressed fly. I noticed that the frame drops down when I am looking at the main terminal. When the view is turned away from there, it seems to be better. Most probably I have a weak computer...
  11. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    Hi sk699,

It seems clear to me that the frames are more affected when you look at the main apron because this bundle of objects is significantly more complex. Question is how much the frame rate drops.

There seems to be a speciality with the surroundings of Salzburg: Even if you are using the default scenery framerate seems to be unstable. Sometimes it drops below 10 fps without any abvious reason.

But as far as my project is concerned I have found some additional potential to further decrease the complexity of the ground layout yesterday. I am currently reducing the number of polygons of the lines by approx. 80 pct. This will not dramatically increase the rates when you are looking at the airport buildings but it certainly will have effects especially while taxiing and during takeoff and arrival.

What I will have to check is the optimal usage of textures. I am for the time not really sure what is better: to use viewer but bigger textures (e.g. 1024 px x 1024 px) or to use more but smaller ones (e.g. 256px x 256 px).

greetz
    gianni
  12. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    Final Version Released

Gents (and Ladies propably),

after 13 months of learning, struggling and trying, I am proud to announce the release of the final version LOWS_2006 (V1.0). This addon is freeware with limited distrubution. Currently Salzburg Airport can be dowloaded from a private server. I am just uploading it to AVSIM. Search for "LOWS_2006_V1_0.zip".

Thanks for helping you all during the last year and Arno for his tools.

Kind regards
    gianni
  13. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    Just for information ...

hi,

something very new just for information: Oliver Pabst has released another update of his "AES" today. I am honored that he has encanced the support features of his addon for my freeware-scenery.

"W.A. Mozart Airport-Salzburg" has been developed further anyway since the release in August, 2006: the whole "package" is available at avsim.com (you will find the four zip-files if you search under "author's name": Johannes Kimla). In addition to the base-pack launched in August I offer the following:

- a reworked parking garage on the western part of the aerodrome
    - a small baroque basilika which is a reporting point in real flight ("Maria Plain"
    - sesonal textures and additional buildings on the aerodrome and in the close neighbourhood.

All this was possible with help from members of this forum - thank you again.

Currently I am working on Klagenfurt-Airport, another Austrian international airport in Carinthia.

greetz
    :wave:
  14. fsisland

fsisland

iceland
    That is great news! Would be interesting to see some screenshots if possible :rolleyes:
  15. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    hi

ok - here you are:

[​IMG]
  16. Georg Aubele

Georg Aubele

germany
    If Oliver Pabst designs an AES for your scenery it's like an accolade!

Congrats! :)
  17. fsisland

fsisland

iceland
    This is looking really good. Thanks for the update. By the way are you using G-max for the groundtextures?
  18. Gianni

Gianni

austria
    hi fsisland

yep. I am working with the fs2002 gamepack (works with FSX as you certainly are knowing)
  19. hinch

hinch

unitedkingdom
    ooh klagenfurt! That's very exicting, thanks for providing such high quality austrian airports.

Austria has a very special place in my heart from being a ski instructor for a few seasons in Zell and Saalbach :D
  20. ras78

ras78

italy
    GREAT WORK! Thanks Gianni! are you planning to build also Innsbruck?