1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Gauges in Delphi

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by AirDefader!, 17/1/08.

1. AirDefader!

AirDefader!

russia
    Hello 2 everybody!
    I am a new one on your forum, but while looking necessary themes, I understand that it's more interesting than others :)
    I make L-410... Model & Gauge bitmaps ready, but I meet most hard 4 me -- gauge coding. My knowledge of C++/C# does not afford me 2 make gauge on it and I don't have time to learn it(((( But I know Delphi, and knew that gauges can be created on this language! So can somebody help me with this task? I mean about different manuals or something like.

Bless everybody 4 help! (And aircraft as present!)
  2. bcs112

bcs112

belgium
    Hi,

Where did you hear you can program gauges in Delphi ? As far I know this is not possible. It's C or C++ only I.

Kind regards,
    Björn
  3. AirDefader!

AirDefader!

russia
    .gau file is the .dll library, which is compiled from source file, and it can be written by any language. I'm about usual DLL library.
    Special 4 sim, it requires some special things to work with FS :)
  4. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    The problem is that all the gauge macros for the panel system, and all the sim variables and key_events are defined in the gauges.h file, which is C specific.

You'd have to 'translate' the entire gauges.h file into something Delphi would recognize. I'm not at all confident that it would be worth the bother, even if it could be done at all...
  5. AirDefader!

AirDefader!

russia
    I understand already... So will write on C... And it's beautiful language!

Thanx 2 everybody 4 help!!!
  6. AirDefader!

AirDefader!

russia
    Excuse me, but can anybody suggest what to read about making gauges with using .Net in BDS'06 or more similar to this?