• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Released! Marsa Alam, Egypt

Country
italy
Hi again jetman. Awesome work. Can i help You with my landing video into marsa alam took this summer ?

Country
italy
Ah Another question: i know that the designers and the software houses don't like to give release date but... I Would only like to ask if the scenery will Be ready for christmas??? Thanks, mattia

Country
germany
Hi, Christmas seems unlikely but early next year is realistic.
Work is now concentrated on final airport-tuning and the surroundings.
The scenery Streichholz mentions is not mine! You can clearly see this when looking into the level of detail ;-)

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Great to hear! Those screenshots on the simmarket don't at all match what we've been able to see in thise thread. You're work looks better ;)

Country
germany
Modeling and texturing of the airport is entirely done now. At the moment I am looking for mistakes and correcting things which do not appear as expected. Some fine-tuning is also necessary as well as some work for the surroundings. But with Xmas ahead there should be some time to more the less get all the work done!

Just as a quick update for now.

Country
germany
Hi guys,

thank you so much for your nice comments!
I am really happy to see that you like this "exotic" destination.
Today I once again reworked the groundpoly after I was not happy with its overall appearance. The result is an even better blending to standard/FTX surroundings, a more realistic sand color and edge blending and a highly improved night look of the entire airport. Screenshots will follow tomorrow!

Last edited:
Country
germany
As promised:The screenshots after the last modification of ground colors and some night fixtures. These are now most likely the final version!

Improved sand colors

Overflying the airport after sunset

on final

As I have never posted detailed images of some of the airport buildungs which are not close to the apron here they are:

As you can see my Marsa Alam project now is more the less on "final approach"! ;)

Have anice weekend!

PS: Just to clarify after some questions concerning the image editing: All posted images are always representing the original look from within FSX without any changes in Photoshop! Just the WIP bar is added but nothing else is edited!